Another Reputation System v1.5
This will allow the use of reputation in FluxBB 1.5.3 and above. It includes various different capabilities, including the ability to limit the amount of reputation given/taken in one day per user group, a reputation interval (or none), stopping user groups from using it and loads more!
NOTE: Due to installation issues, MySQL is not supported. In order to use this mod, please make sure that your $db_type variable is at least mysqli or mysqli_innodb. For further support, refer to the topic.
This will allow the use of reputation in FluxBB 1.5.3 and above. It includes various different capabilities, including the ability to limit the amount of reputation given/taken in one day per user group, a reputation interval (or none), stopping user groups from using it, controlling which forums it is active in and enabling or disabling it forum-wide
Extremely flexible modification for FluxBB 1.5.3 and above. Tested on my heavily modified 1.5.3 forum, and a clean version of 1.5.7, both with the exact same results. Note that it should be compatible between these versions, but hasn't been tested apart from on those two.
- Decide which user groups can (and cannot) use the reputation system
- Decide how long user groups have to wait between giving/taking user's reputation
- Having trouble with a reputation abuser? - Easy! Remove any reputation you need.
- Guests can (depending on whether you allow them to) can use the reputation system.
- Easy ways to see who has given and received what reputation
- Set the amount of points allowed to be given/taken from each user group per day
- Uses install_mod.php to automatically update the database
- Once integrated with FluxBB, you won't even know it's a mod!
You can view it at my site: http://forums.strongholdnation.co.uk
- Website: http://fluxbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=55082#p55082
- Release downloads: 874
- Released: 2015-03-22
- Supports FluxBB: 1.5.8, 1.5.7, 1.5.6, 1.5.5, 1.5.4, 1.5.3
- When reputation wasn't enabled, the query for the total poster's reputation was still carried out and displayed. This is now fixed.
- Changed if/elseif to case/switch in viewtopic.php
- MUCH cleaner code, also faster.
- Removed all extra database queries in viewtopic.php - from now on, the reputation is collected along with the original query for posts. Due to this change, a column called 'reputation' is now present in the 'users' and 'posts' tables.
- Changed XmlHttpRequest to jQuery (no-cache) ajax request via GET. There were several bugs with the old method - for one, it cached the GET request meaning if you changed your vote twice, nothing would happen, and two, XmlHttpRequest is deprecated.
- Reputation now checks for reputation abuse, and alerts the mailing list if found. The amount is configurable through the admin panel.
- Database structure has changed, and is much more optimised. For all users using this mod, run the reputation upgrade plugin to update your database structure. For further support please refer to the reputation support topic.
- Reputation from/given by users is now shown on profile.php rather than in reputation.php. Due to this change, reputation.php has been modified, and moved to the /include/ folder. For more information on files needed to upgrade, please refer to the support topic (particularly the post below).
- Sections for viewing reputation given/received by users have been merged into one section
- Removed more redundant language strings
- 100% compatible with FluxBB 1.5.8
- Checks for non-english language files when reputation is enabled