Another Reputation System v1.4
This will allow the use of reputation in FluxBB 1.5.3 and above. It includes various different capabilities, including the ability to limit the amount of reputation given/taken in one day per user group, a reputation interval (or none), stopping user groups from using it and loads more!
NOTE: Due to installation issues, MySQL is not supported. In order to use this mod, please make sure that your $db_type variable is at least mysqli or mysqli_innodb. For further support, refer to the topic.
This will allow the use of reputation in FluxBB 1.5.3 and above. It includes various different capabilities, including the ability to limit the amount of reputation given/taken in one day per user group, a reputation interval (or none), stopping user groups from using it, controlling which forums it is active in and enabling or disabling it forum-wide
Extremely flexible modification for FluxBB 1.5.3 and above. Tested on my heavily modified 1.5.3 forum, and a clean version of 1.5.7, both with the exact same results. Note that it should be compatible between these versions, but hasn't been tested apart from on those two.
- Decide which user groups can (and cannot) use the reputation system
- Decide how long user groups have to wait between giving/taking user's reputation
- Having trouble with a reputation abuser? - Easy! Remove any reputation you need.
- Guests can (depending on whether you allow them to) can use the reputation system.
- Easy ways to see who has given and received what reputation
- Set the amount of points allowed to be given/taken from each user group per day
- Uses install_mod.php to automatically update the database
- Once integrated with FluxBB, you won't even know it's a mod!
You can view it at my site: http://forums.strongholdnation.co.uk
- Website: http://fluxbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=55082#p55082
- Release downloads: 611
- Released: 2014-11-20
- Supports FluxBB: 1.5.7, 1.5.6, 1.5.5, 1.5.4, 1.5.3
- removed unused '$type' in reputation.php and cleaned up surrounding code (13 lines condensed to 4 in two places)
- halved queries when displaying reputation (viewtopic.php, profile.php and fetching the new reputation in reputation.php
- changed COUNT(*) AS id to COUNT(id) in SQL
- changed date(xxx, yyy) to format_time(yyy, true) - FluxBB default time function
- fixed check to make sure that users can edit user profiles before being allowed to remove reputation
- checked if language file exists ebfore including it
- checked to see if user is admin group when updating reputation (admins are excempt from having reputation disabled)
- renamed two database columns: g_rep_plus_min === g_rep_plus and g_rep_minus_min === g_rep_minus
- changed require_once to require
- removed ability to remove reputation use for individual users, removed ability for a user to turn off the reputation by themselves.
- fixed HTML display issue in profile.php (missing <legend>)
- fixed CSS issue, CSS now much cleaner
- fixed grammatical error in language file, removed now unused langauge indexes
- fixed issue with nested queries ($result was over-ridden by reputation queries, so only one post was ever displayed)
- fixed cache issue with install_mod.php - config cache is new re-generated after installing to avoid blank values in admin_options.php
- stopped guest's usernames appearing as links to the guest profile if a user has permission to view profiles
- updated database structure (changed SMALLINT(6) to INT(1)
- added ability to configure forum-specific reputation use
- stopped users from giving/taking reputation in closed threads (admins and moderators still can)
- fixed small error in reputation.php - users with the reputation disabled also couldn't view the reputation of other users. This has changed to just not being able to alter the reputation of other users (which was what was originally intended anyway)
- Tested on latest version of FluxBB, 1.5.7, with stunning results.