Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-21 00:29:19

tahanson43206

How to find Orphan Posts?

I searched for orphan in topic titles before creating this new topic ...

The Admin at our site asked me to clean up old posts, left over from a previous BB system.

I think the best way to tackle this is by using ** http://oursite/forums/edit.php?id=#### **

This command brings up just the post I want to work with, and I can run the program in sequential order from 1 to 181,000+, a few hundred at a time.  We figure we should be able to complete this work in a year or less.

The Admin asked if there is a way to spot orphan posts that might exist.

I have no idea how to do that, but there might be a way.

I'll have the post number to work with. 

Is there a query I can run using that number to point back to the owning topic?

Thanks!

(th)

#2 2021-09-21 00:59:04

Visman
Website

Re: How to find Orphan Posts?

use your-forum/admin_maintenance.php -> Prune old posts

#3 2021-09-22 14:05:36

tahanson43206

Re: How to find Orphan Posts?

Thanks Visman!  I'll pass the tip along to Admin!

I noticed a comment in the Active list from someone complaining about lack of activity in FluxBB.

My reaction is that as a user, I'm more interested in stability.  Our attempt to counter the ongoing and incessant attempts of spammers to create accounts appears to be succeeding.  We are now starting what is likely to be a drawn out process to clean up debris left over from a previous BBS.  The only feature I'd like to see is a way to save settled data so it can be found easily. We could do that with Dropbox (or similar) but that is a third-party solution.

A specific example might be helpful ...

We have a member who has designed an architecture for a service.

He's found parameters that are consistent with each other and with the outside world.

I'd like to have a place to store those so they can be quickly found when a new person arrives.

As it is, that information is scattered over multiple posts over an extended period.

The Sticky feature might be adapted for this purpose.

(th)

Board footer