Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-13 15:02:26

Deewens

Integrating FluxBB in a React website using Google Firebase

Hello,

I'm creating a website and UCP using React on Google Firebase. I would like to integrate a forum to it. My teammates and me decided to choose FluxBB as forum propulsor. But I am some questions.

I would like to know how I can (if it is possible) using user account already stored in Firestore into FluxBB forum. So, if I connect to my UCP using firebase, I'm connecting automatically to the FluxBB forum with same username/password. And the both user account are linked (e.g..: if I change my pseudo on website, it change on forum, and if I change my pseudo on forum, it change on website).

I also would like to create a "annoucement" system on my react website. A user could post a announce to the home page, and this annouce is also automatically posted on the forum with the same content.

I don't know if there is already tools for doing this, or if there is a REST API in FluxBB (I didn't see anything about it here).

So if something is possible (something clean, I don't want to craete some ugly workaround).

Thanks!
Deewens.

#2 2021-02-21 16:34:02

StephenA

Re: Integrating FluxBB in a React website using Google Firebase

We integrated FluxBB into our website and basically wrote some code to maintain the Flux user table (for new users) and to set the appropriate cookies.

We only push passwords from main site to forums and changes to forum accounts (display name etc) are not synced up to the main site.

#3 2021-02-27 19:46:12

Mid2kPuck

Re: Integrating FluxBB in a React website using Google Firebase

StephenA wrote:

We integrated FluxBB into our website and basically wrote some code to maintain the Flux user table (for new users) and to set the appropriate cookies.

We only push passwords from main site to forums and changes to forum accounts (display name etc) are not synced up to the main site.

Thank you for the information!This is useful for me.

Board footer