Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-02 02:14:23

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

CrunchBang Theme

I have uploaded the CrunchBang Theme, no one uses it anymore by default as far as I know. This is a wonderful theme and one of my two most favorite themes for FluxBB the other being Mercury - and I downloaded and tried every single Theme I could get my hands in not long ago.

The CrunchBang Forum was my first choice of idea to get to my website - which was run by FluxBB with the CrunchBang theme - it was such a gem. Yet it was all butchered by one man who did not one to hand the keys over to others.

In any case I got the Theme and I'm trying to workout a color theme close to it and its functions. But my newbie skills and my overburden brain have lots of problems. But if I get to the point of fixing it 100% I'll dump the CSS code somewhere for easy setup if anyone wants it. But I won't promise anything but I have already made a good amount on it, the ideas are there but the skills lags and my brain has not gotten a break for years and years. I'm having trouble taking a break, while it might be a good thing to do.

Anyway, the Theme is in the Theme section of FluxBB for download in a Zip file. Just copy the files into the Style forum and it should show up where you choose your skin in your profile or administration section of the forum.

Take care
- DarkiJah

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#2 2020-06-11 13:57:24

GregChap

Re: CrunchBang Theme

Can I recommend that when describing any theme you upload that you include a description of its colours/tone, whether it is graphics/resources intensive and some of the features that set it apart from other themes. That would be more likely to help others decide if it is worth trying.

Perhaps something more like:

In v1.0
The theme is dark (White/light grey text with charcoal to black background).
Currently, its responsive features are broken.
It displays in "desktop" mode on my phone and on my desktop with a window less than 750px the menu completely disappears making it unusable.

Theme on screen above 750px width

Theme on screen at 750px width

Maybe there's a good reason why no one uses it any more?

#3 2020-06-11 14:51:45

GregChap

Re: CrunchBang Theme

Theme on screen above 750px width

Theme on screen below 750px width

Board footer