Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-01 03:12:56

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life
Banned

Suspended for 18 years from Flarum

Great, so now I'm suspended for 18 years from Flarum *sigh*, for what? No idea, was never told but at least the last couple of posts and one topic was outright deleted - I guess it does not really matter. Guess my negative view on this new Markdown bullshit was not liked so much or something - like whats wrong with BBcode, at least it does not disturb your writing. And why try fixing something that already works?

Anyway, I guess I have to reevaluate my Forum choice, I don't know if I can sort out all the issues in FluxBB for a working Forum for Mobile so... Well, it is kinda dead here as well hmm Would be nice to see some activity - I already had a list of things that would have been nice to see fixed in FluxBB but I guess I should not keep any hope up for that.

I really don't think it would take so much time for a programmer to fix the issues - but it goes beyond my ability. I did get FluxBB up and running on my server but had problems with figuring out how to make Themes mobile friendly. phpBB seems somewhat, I don't know - overwhelming with its stuff and much of it worked out of the box for mobile although somewhat small - but it did have an active community and lots of helpful people it seemed.

I'm pretty much in Question once again on this Forum topic. Clearly not welcomed on Flarum so, I'm not sure I should use any more time on that.

Maybe I've overlooked some other option.

I really do wonder how you can have such a great forum as FluxBB - and yet totally have forgotten about the mobility on mobiles - Like this forum is SMOOTH and very lightweight on the mobile. And when it is setup correctly it just works wonderful. And then the issue that has been fixed in the Master, and yet the other version with an issue is still on the website for download?

Anyway, take care all of you - I'm going to let time work on this. What should I do, I have no idea.
Dearly Regards
- DarkiJah

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#2 2020-04-01 16:05:29

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life
Banned

Re: Suspended for 18 years from Flarum

Okay, I think I'll go on with Flarum and hope for the best - it is made to be scale-able and hopefully can stir out of the New modern craziness. I just wonder about people moving for money for plugins in what direction this will go in the end. To be fair and setting myself back and looking at things it can be made into a pretty beautiful Forum with Color Theming and I'm sure other things might make it even better. It would be nice to get some a theming team up and running for Flarum as there are much potential to make it look like old classics in color and give it more of a feeling of being simple and letting the users focus other things.
Like I'm using the Black Yellow theme on this forum FluxBB.org - it looks good, and CrunchBang is another of my favorites. So little by little these 2 forums would be wonderful to fix in CSS for the Custom. Which I've done some on CrunchBang already smile
Although Flarum is not perfect on mobile it does run pretty well on it, beside the scrollbar thing that on the "counterpart" of the new forum style thing of Discourse is totally worthless on my mobile, it is so so slow and hangs. The same issue seem to be on Flarum although it runs much smoother, I think this is a point the programmer have to be aware of as a weak point. Discourse does show different message while trying to move around in the messages with the scrollbar, and that may be the thing that further makes it so slow and nearly unusable while Flarum does not show a preview of any message. So I'm afraid that it could become as slow as Discourse if this feature was implanted and again I already feel that it is not totally smooth on my mobile going through the messages. So at least on testing on my mobile - this is a weak point for both of these new modern Forums.

The WackyDown or Markdown as it is called, feels more to me to be one of those new modern ways of stupid - In any case it can be turned of but you lose the menu for Markup. So you can use the BBcode but there is yet no menu for it - so it seems Flarum is focusing more on WackyDown then on the, better in my eyes, BBcode. Although if mode are extensions or becomes it - then people can of cause choose. The world just seem to want to ruin the internet more and more and control more and more.

Anyway.... Sitting and writing here on FluxBB I do miss the Flarum feature of being able to easily make the window bigger or smaller or fullscreen - that is a very pleasant feature. Overall, it does not look bad - it actually do already work seemingly very nicely and with theming possibilities to make some of the old school themes and not install every insanity extension we might be able to keep it lightweight and yet powerful. I guess the danger with all this customizability is that different forums can work differently and thereby make some issues as you do not have a more grounded standard, although you have one.

Anyway... I should get back on track and up on the horse again. I need to sew the forum into my site somehow and see if I can figure out the Domain thing... and test more Extensions and learn more.

The 18 years suspension from is just utter nonsense and jordanjay29 should be set in quarantine for 1 hour for bad behaviour for doing that and a rebuke on slamming people who wants to be apart of things out. I'm there to give my views on things and learn, although put my opinion on the table whether people agree or not. Not sure what background the guy has, that could tick him so off but he seems to be easily ticked off and go poopish on you. Or just trying to find any excuse to get me off, that tend to happen as well with people.

Any case, I think I'll continue with Flarum, after reading more on this forum and getting more data points - I think it is the way to go although hopefully they it will not go sour with to much worldly nonsense so we can still keep to the idea of a minimalist forum although with powerful features. Yea, I'm really missing the Flarum Composer window at the moment, to be able to drag and make it bigger. Some pretty nice things in Flarum that surprisingly grows on you, although still not totally accustomed to the newer ways.

Anyway, not a big fan of WackyMark for sure - just easily ruins default text that you write - and why would anyone wants that. The internet is just getting wackier and wackier with all it's foolishness and control... Anyway, you can turn it off as it is an extension so that is nice but BBcode still need a menu bar!!! So that is all for now.

Dearly Regards
- DarkiJah

Last edited by JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life (2020-04-01 16:07:19)

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#3 2020-04-01 17:12:25

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life
Banned

Franz, jordanjay29 is out to get me - closed me down again with a new account for 18 years again and deleted my post on CSS:

Kylo You think we could make an easy Custom CSS Template for all people to easily customized the colors of there forum theme? I already have some of the commands in the CrunchBang Theme but you seem to be more of a programmer who knows stuff, I guess it would not be that many CSS commands overall, or whatever it is called to actually make near to every part Customizable in color and then people can learn while they do and see what word commands is connected to which part in the Forum. Something I've had some problems with, trying to reverse engineer the things but learning a little here and there.

There are some Files available in the original Flarum with CSS commands lined up? I saw some kind of weird sounding files which apparently is just text files with CSS Style commands it seemed.

Dearly Regards
-DarkiJah - Not a fan of WackyMark - BBcode for the Win!

-edit-
By the way - we have something called ID used with # in the styling and Classes which uses . in the styling and if I get this correct - ID's are used for one single item and Classes can be used for multiple if used correctly to the rules? Did I get that correct??? So ID's are unique using the symbol # in styling and Classes are not Unique and uses the symbol . in CSS files.

I wonder what jordanjay29 background is being so pissed off on me. Anyway... I'm banned again, another 18 years of suspension which seems more like an outright ban then really a suspension you know.

Last edited by JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life (2020-04-01 17:20:21)

#4 2020-04-01 20:25:53

Franz
Lead developer
Website

I am afraid this is not the place to vent your frustration about other community's moderators, who are just doing their job. You repeatedly did not follow the rules / respect their remarks, hence the permanent ban.

I am closing this topic.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer