Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-04 14:46:46

Azrael

Website Integration Problem

Hello,

I just installed the latest version of Flux on my server and wanted to have it embedded into my site.

But Flux will not display.  I have to open it in a new window.  Is there a way to fix this problem?

It used to embed just fine but that was awhile ago.

Azrael - Owner - ZombieStomper Minecraft Network
ZombieStomper dot net

#2 2015-05-04 16:33:22

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Website Integration Problem

Welcome to the forums! smile

I suppose you're using iframes for embedding the forums? Your problems are probably due to a new security restriction in the latest version.

To get around this, please change "deny" in this line in header.php to "sameorigin" (assuming you're embedding the forum on a page under the same domain).

I'll make sure this is simpler to edit in the next release.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2015-05-04 20:53:25

Azrael

Thank you for the nice welcome!

I really enjoy your flux forum.  Very friendly and easy to set up and use.

The setting worked!  Now it displays perfectly on my website in a similar fashion to the flux site.

Thank you for helping me fix this problem!

Azrael - Owner - ZombieStomper Minecraft Network
ZombieStomper dot net

#4 2015-05-05 08:31:17

trolleybus

Franz wrote:

Welcome to the forums! smile

I suppose you're using iframes for embedding the forums? Your problems are probably due to a new security restriction in the latest version.

To get around this, please change "deny" in "sameorigin" (assuming you're embedding the forum on a page under the same domain).

I'll make sure this is simpler to edit in the next release.

I had been tearing my hear out with this problem, So! many thanks.
I changed the line but it still didn't work, so I deleted the two lines, it worked, I am hoping that that's ok.
I now just have to work out why the member signup emails with the password are not being sent out?

Bernard.

#5 2015-05-05 11:56:32

Franz
Lead developer
Website

@trolleybus: Any chance you're trying to embed your forum under a page with a different domain name?
In that case, try replacing it with this line instead:

header('X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM http://www.whereyouareembedding.com');

(Make sure to replace "whereyouareembedding.com" with the domain where you are embedding the forum.)

Note: This may not work in all browsers.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#6 2015-05-06 00:59:47

trolleybus

Hello Lead,
The page and the forum are all on the same server in the same , public.html folder.
It works on my system but will not work online.
( the w's ) enamelling.com.au slash Forum.html for the page I want to be on.
( the w's ) enamelling.com.au slash eForum for the forum.
I am using iWeb so it is difficult to add more script to the Forum.html page
Many thanks,
Bernard.

#7 2020-03-19 15:47:30

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Franz wrote:

@trolleybus: Any chance you're trying to embed your forum under a page with a different domain name?
In that case, try replacing it with this line instead:

header('X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM http://www.whereyouareembedding.com');

(Make sure to replace "whereyouareembedding.com" with the domain where you are embedding the forum.)

Note: This may not work in all browsers.

Yup, seem I have some issues with Firefox on my mobile with the embedding with iframe - seems to work on Chrome and my computer. I have at the moment 3 forums iframe as I'm trying things out and which way I should take. So testing things out.

http://jesusisgodalmighty.life/forum.html

I have issues with Flarum as well with iframe in Firefox. phpBB is the only one that seems to work on all platforms without any issue with the iframe. I got Flarum from a free hosted place to try it out, as I'm not to delighted by the knew ways as I like the old. But... I was willing or am willing to give it a chance and try it out. But if it already breaks when I use Firefox, which is my primary browser as I try to stay far away from the despotic Google.

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#8 2020-03-19 16:11:16

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Franz is there a problem with double posts? I thought it was not a bad thing - as people can then see the time and know that the user have been doing things and thought about things and tried out things. As long as I'm not spamming??? I could just edit the older post if you think it is a problem with the double posting.

I've found out that the httpS is the problem wit the iframe with the FluxBB as it works on the Mobile with firefox without the Secure thing active. Hmm, I'll try to toy around with it and change the PHP header URL to see if it has any effect.

Seems Farum is now working again on firefox... Not sure what is going on with that... but anyway... I'll see if I can fix the other issue and take it from there.

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

Board footer