Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-20 00:19:09

bugjah

posting subscribes to threads by default?

Hi all

We have a fluxbb forum, and just recently found the option to allow users to subscribe to threads that they want to follow. 

When we activated that feature, we now have a new top menu item called "Subscriptions" where all of those forums that one is subscribed to are shown.

What I would like to do is to make it, by default, that all threads that a user has posted or commented in are automatically also included in the "Subscriptions" list

When I looked at the database structure in phpmyadmin, I see the following two options in the users table, which look promising

notify_with_post
auto_notify

But when I toggled "notify_with_post" and then posted, my post did not get automatically added to my subscriptions list, so I guess that's not it.

I don't see any other obvious options for doing what I want to do.

I see the table called "topic_subscriptions", so I guess the other way to ask my question is:

When one posts in (or originates) a topic, is it possible to automatically add that user to the topic_subscriptions list for that topic?

And here's a third way to ask my same question:

Looks like for example in this forum there is check box at the bottom here that asks "subscribe to this topic". How does one set the defauit for that to "1" rather than "0"?

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks
bugjah

#2 2020-01-20 03:09:33

Visman
Website

Re: posting subscribes to threads by default?

1. auto_notify -> 1
2. fill in data for subscriptions of all users in forum_subscriptions and topic_subscriptions tables (for existing forums and topics)

#3 2020-01-20 05:04:56

bugjah

Re: posting subscribes to threads by default?

Thanks Visman.  I will try that.

Quick clarification: I don't want to have subscriptions to forums, only topics. 

In other words, I don't want users notified everytime there's a new post in a *forum* that they've posted in. 

I do want users to be notified everytime there's a new post in a *thread* (which I think corresponds to "topic")  that they've posted in.

I see now that my original post was unclear in this way.

I meant, to write, in the second paragraph of my original post:

When we activated that feature, we now have a new top menu item called "Subscriptions" where all of those forums topics that one is subscribed to are shown.

Board footer