Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-10-01 08:54:22

artoodetoo

Re: FluxBB 1.5.11 released

May I politely remind you of plans to push a release with support for 7.2 ? The is 1 month to PHP 7.1 oficially die.

pT3pNq6sgcsAHX16N1yg4NFEKQdgVB

@Franz if you don't have time to support it, could you find another person.

Last edited by artoodetoo (2019-10-01 08:55:23)

I'm not a fan of FluxBB way anymore.

#27 2019-10-18 09:39:20

craighamilton

I know versions 1.6 will be coming soon but I haven even upgraded to 1.5.11 as I have heard there are some latency bugs. So here I am still here on version 1.4. It may be old but it runs fast. Which is all I need atm.

Does any one else prefer the older versions?

-----------

#28 2019-10-19 08:44:09

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Can you expand on those "latency bugs"?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#29 2019-11-28 11:43:38

Visman
Website

Published by PHP 7.4 and FluxBB now there (in the past)!
https://fluxbb.org/development/core/tickets/1138/

#30 2020-03-17 15:23:28

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Franz wrote:

Can you expand on those "latency bugs"?

Did it go dead or is this still going to get updates in the future? smile
I guess if it works, it works. Wonderful forum.

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#31 2020-03-18 05:10:07

artoodetoo

Only it seems to me that the forum is still breathing only thanks to Visman?
If Franz is no longer interested in development, it would be right to transfer control to another person.

Last release date is 2018-12-31 and a lot of compatibility issues are waiting.

I'm not a fan of FluxBB way anymore.

#32 2020-03-18 08:17:53

Franz
Lead developer
Website

I have tried several times to onboard people onto the project, but their activity always faded. You (and everyone else in the community) are invited to contribute. That "another person" first has to step up, with positive energy and constructive contributions to the community.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#33 2020-03-29 03:24:24

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

hmmm I really don't know. I'm still thinking of FluxBB - I'm thinking it might be a CSS issue in regards of the styling of the forum which might be the problem, I don't know.
Really it is so sad to see such a complete message system have these issues - as it should not be so hard to fix it for a programmer that knows what to do to fix it.
Like really we just need to have some mobile Themes out of the package and the updated thing where it does not give any errors. Like I'm still a little with this Flarum thing, looking at how people are talking about paying for things here and there and not knowing where it will go - and yet FluxBB just needs some fixes and one has a full working forum. But I'm a little away on Flarum as I can't write on it at the moment - So I'll wait until I can do that again. But some of what I've read does not look good - paying for things and such......

The standard Themes that is in FluxBB now - would it be hard to make them Mobile friendly? If not, why not do it? FluxBB looks and works beautiful when it is setup correctly for that. Like on Arch Linux and Netbunsen.

Anyway, I understand that it is time consuming and all that - anyway... I never thought I would have such a hard time with the Forum thing.

Last edited by JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life (2020-03-29 03:35:51)

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#34 2020-04-06 19:14:47

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

I think we might have a bot here spamming adviticing Franz!

Dearly Regards
- DarkiJah

#35 2020-04-09 02:08:42

marcario

Hi guys first post here. came to say that I'm happy there will be a FluxBB 1.6 and looking forward to mobile responsiveness.

I'm sure there are people who have spent more time than me administering forums, or set them up more often, but I don't think there is anyone who has tried every single free forum possible for evaluation purposes. phpBB, PunBB, SMF, MyBB, Thredded, Vanilla, CodoForum, FUDforum, MiniBB, Beehive, esoTalk, Phorum, Luna, even Snitz and Snitz2000 (ASP) and I can verify that FluxBB is definitely the best of the lightweight simple forums. it's an absolute breeze to use and I love it.

I see that you are casting about for some ideas of what to add. I would say keep it simple because that's the strength of FluxBB. simplicity, functionality, and beauty. it could use a responsive base theme that is easily customized so the community can contribute themes, that's important. otherwise I would draw your attention to the unusual features of FUDForum such as how it sets up the database or the option of its own mini database server among other interesting things.

but, I only came here to give words of encouragement and to say keep up the good work.

#36 2020-04-21 16:31:26

Lagar

Hi, good afternoon everyone, I just joined this wonderful community that I have been following for a long time. First of all I would like to congratulate all the members who made this wonderful application possible, which is without a doubt the best I have seen and tried in terms of free forums.
I fully agree with "marcario" in considering it to be the best in forums. I have tried several of them and in fact, looking for simplicity, speed and beauty, I use mybb in one of them, but I have been wanting to migrate to Fluxbb for some time because I consider it the best.
It's a pity that the project has been stopped although as it is, I would only worry about security as I don't have support.
I just want to encourage you to continue with the project and not to abandon it because it is one of the best I have seen and tried and I think that more people think the same as me.

Thank you for creating this wonderful tool.

Cheer up!

PS: excuse my English if you find inconsistent sentences, I'm using the Deepl translator.

#37 2020-04-21 18:45:43

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Thanks for the kind words! FluxBB has not been officially abandoned, I just don't have much time for it these days. Contributions are welcome!

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

#38 2020-04-21 21:32:43

abdellah

Franz wrote:

Thanks for the kind words! FluxBB has not been officially abandoned, I just don't have much time for it these days. Contributions are welcome!

it's true that we don't say it enough! THANK YOU for continuing the updates

Board footer