Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-11 19:35:27

RichardStones

fluxbb logging system

Hello,

I was interested in knowing if fluxbb has some logging mechanism for creating and storing logs of events and errors occurring in the application.
And if there is some handler that synchronizes the logs as well as add time-stamps and all the other relevant information.

Thanks in advance!
RS

#2 2018-12-11 19:45:12

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: fluxbb logging system

Hello and welcome! smile

Generally, errors should appear in your server's PHP error log.
As for events, which events are you looking for and in which format do you need them?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2018-12-11 20:18:41

RichardStones

Hello!

Thank you for the very fast reply!

I will be sure to check out the server's error log.

My group has been doing a code review on fluxbb based on the OWASP standard as a cyber-security project in university, and we were looking at how the logs are created and what are their contents. (i.e. synchronization mechanism, access to logs, sensitive log data etc.)

RS

#4 2018-12-11 20:31:38

Franz
Lead developer
Website

RichardStones wrote:

My group has been doing a code review on fluxbb based on the OWASP standard as a cyber-security project in university, and we were looking at how the logs are created and what are their contents. (i.e. synchronization mechanism, access to logs, sensitive log data etc.)

Oh wow, I'm scared now. wink

Interesting. What kind of university class is looking at FluxBB? That's kinda cool. I would be interested in the results, please feel free to send them my way when they are complete.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#5 2018-12-11 20:53:33

RichardStones

It is a security course about software applications. The project is about static analysis and code review.

But from what I understand it is more about whether the OWASP standard and tools available for static analysis are useful. And to get a feel of the whole code review process. However, I could email them to you once it is complete.

But in case I missed it, which part of code (file) performs the logging for fluxbb?

Best,
RS

#6 2018-12-11 21:11:04

Franz
Lead developer
Website

RichardStones wrote:

But in case I missed it, which part of code (file) performs the logging for fluxbb?

None specifically, we rely on PHP's default error handling.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

Board footer