Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-11 16:49:16

simonov

Mass moves and deletions in 1.2

Hi there.

I am administering a forum that has not been upgraded in a very ling time.  In preparation for a transition to a new version of FluxBB, I'd like to make the following changes:

1. Select all topics started by a particular user and move them to another subforum;

2. Select all posts by a particular user and delete them;

3. Find all posts that include a search string and delete them.

The moderation tools of v1.2 do not allow these sorts of mass operations, but I don't mind doing these in the database.  But I am not an SQL whizz and I wouldn't know if doing one or more of these activities in the database would break things.  Would anyone be willing to suggest how to make these changes in the database?

Thanks, here are the details of my install:

FluxBB version   

FluxBB 1.2.17

Environment
    Operating system: Linux
    PHP: 5.2.17 - Show info
    Accelerator: N/A

Database
    MySQL 5.0.96-community
    Rows: 7876061
    Size: 357.51 MB

Nunc est bibendum.

#2 2018-12-11 18:29:54

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Mass moves and deletions in 1.2

Howdy. Why not do them after the upgrade, if I may ask? wink

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2018-12-11 19:05:39

simonov

Franz wrote:

Howdy. Why not do them after the upgrade, if I may ask? wink

Because I might not upgrade at all.  There's a possibility the forum might simply be taken offline, but I still want to make the changes.

Nunc est bibendum.

#4 2018-12-11 20:29:53

Franz
Lead developer
Website

First and foremost: you should upgrade, 1.2 can not be considered secure anymore.

To help you with your questions anyway...

simonov wrote:

1. Select all topics started by a particular user and move them to another subforum;

Unsure about this one, that depends on the subforum solution and how they store the data.

simonov wrote:

2. Select all posts by a particular user and delete them;

This is how FluxBB itself handles this when deleting users. I hope that helps.

simonov wrote:

You first need to decide how topic posts (posts that are the first of a topic) and the belonging topic should be treated.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#5 2018-12-11 20:54:03

simonov

Franz wrote:

This is how FluxBB itself handles this when deleting users. I hope that helps.

Hey, I didn't know I could do that.  The interface for that (at least back in v1.2) is not very intuitive.

The problem with that is it deletes the user in all subforums, and that's not exactly what I want to do, but it might work.

Franz wrote:
simonov wrote:

You first need to decide how topic posts (posts that are the first of a topic) and the belonging topic should be treated.

Delete the entire topic if the post is the first topic, though it shouldn't be, since the string I would be searching for would be "Joe Bloggs wrote:" (as in a quote in a reply), so it normally would never be the first post in a topic.

Nunc est bibendum.

Board footer