Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-27 23:35:00

kstj

The requested URL /install/ was not found on this server.

Received this message after new install via Softaculous. If I go to url/login.php it works fine. App is installed in root dir of public_html.

Seems as though it doesn't know it's been installed and thinks I should be installing manually - I think.

#2 2018-11-29 22:33:36

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: The requested URL /install/ was not found on this server.

The installer URL is /install.php, not /install/.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2018-11-29 22:35:00

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Or maybe I misunderstood you...

Going to /login.php shows the login screen.
Going to / takes you to /install.

Is that correct? If so, that's a Softaculous bug. Our install script is at /install.php, not /install.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#4 2018-11-29 23:37:39

kstj

Franz ... Softaculous handles the entire installation process and provides the user and admin links to access the site. So, we're not uploading the files and running install. We installed into the domain root (public-html) so we should be able to launch the program just by visiting the site. But, it throws the error I mentioned.
We also uninstalled everything to a clean public_html directory, uploaded the zipped files, extracted them via cPanel and ran the installation using install. We received the "success" message but it again throws the error when the site is accessed.
Interestingly enough, if we use https://URL/login.php it works fine. There's just something that isn't getting redirected to the login.php when the site is accessed.

#5 2018-11-30 10:56:23

Franz
Lead developer
Website

As I said, there is no URL /install/ anywhere in FluxBB. There is only install.php. So if something redirects you to /install/, then something else is involved, most likely Softaculous.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

Board footer