Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-01 20:06:00

oldgrowthcannabis

HumboldtCannabisFarmers.com

Hello, i just finished a website called HumboldtCannabisFarmers.com
The site is run on FluxBB.
I have the mod installer mod installed as well as updated BBCODE, social media links, Post Image upload and the easy ads mod. Everything is running great, i had to add some anti bot registration mod but besides that everything is working fine!

Check it out: HumboldtCannabisFarmers.com

#2 2018-03-01 21:55:17

TigerAero
Website

Re: HumboldtCannabisFarmers.com

I like the color scheme. smile However, instead of lightening up the links on a hover, maybe bold the text or darken it? The lighter colored text is a cool color but really hard to read on the white-ish background.

Also, another slight suggestion if I may. Have you considered open fonts or anything of that nature? I notice your header image is just text and that could easily be done with an open font and allows for more flexibility. Not to recommend one over another (but it's the one I use currently) one you could look at is google fonts: fonts.google.com The 1 extra lookup from the image would equal the one extra lookup for the font, but you also have the option of that cool stylized font that you prefer to be used in other places as well with no additional lookups then.

Psst: The "Sriracha" font that I use I think would be a great improvement to your site but I don't want to over step lol.

Last edited by TigerAero (2018-03-01 22:03:30)

#3 2018-05-03 16:57:18

oldgrowthcannabis

I liked your suggestions. The header image is a temp image until i can create a better one.

However after having the website running for a couple months i have noticed that i was getting alot of registrations from random spam and bot accounts from .ru domains. Is there a way to stop these spammers from joining my forum and loading it up with junk posts?

#4 2018-05-04 02:45:26

Bryan256

There are many ways to stop spam, but probably it would be better to start another topic on that. 

SpamBarrier
by "sklerder"
https://fluxbb.org/resources/mods/spambarrier/
Or
Honeypot StopForumSpam Mod
by "Koos"
https://fluxbb.org/resources/mods/honey … mspam-mod/

#5 2018-05-05 22:38:03

sklerder
Website

Helllo !

First , thanks, Bryan, to promote (among others) SpamBarrier (one of the anti{spam|bots} available for FluxBB) ;-)

@oldgrowthcannabis : I had a look to your site and have two suggests to do :
- First, it seems you're using SpamBarrier (it's a good choice, as said by Bryan smile) : It would be better to use a personalized name for the username field (and to randomly change it ... (on my site, I irregularly change it, and I use names not comprehensible other that in my parents tongue, but this is only for my pleasure, and it helps sometimes to block bots ;-)))
- Second : Your site is reported (maybe because of reference to "cannabis") as bad by my antivirus (a Russian one, which name starts with "K" ;-)). It could be a problem in the future ...

#6 2018-05-06 12:42:30

grognard
Website

Nice clean theme design! Love it.

Thanks for sharing. smile

#7 2018-07-10 14:00:04

hostmydomain
FluxBB Donor

Hi,

WOW! Thats really nice and clean, Great colours.

Best Regards

Board footer