Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-12 16:10:50

Gravy

Mass delete (Newb)

I am an admin and trying to sort out how to mass delete spam accounts or mass delete users or user groups. Please note that I have no coding skills and am hoping for a way to delete large groups of spam accounts all at once with out need to type or code PHP. While searching for answers I have seen people pointed to this thread:

(huh cant posts links.... here: Ticket #168 (fixed enhancement) )

That sounds like it would have the answer I seek as it describes a built in functionally where the admin user list has check boxes next to each name allowing you to remove accounts checked. When I go to the user list at the top nave I do not see any such check boxes. I want to mass delete users or possibly unverified user groups.

I am currently deleting dozens of accounts one at a time.  Can someone walk me through this I am desperate.

#2 2018-05-12 16:24:59

Mark

Re: Mass delete (Newb)

What version are you using?
Its available in 1.5.10 which im using?

#3 2018-05-12 16:41:02

Gravy

I am using 1.5.10 as well. Please walk me through how to access this feature. smile

I have seen threads that indicate if I search a list comes up with check boxes that can be used to mass delete. When I go to 'User List' I can search by name or  or sort by user group etc. None of this gets me to the check boxes screen I see people describing..... What am I missing?

Using firefox on a macbook pro

#4 2018-05-12 17:08:45

sklerder
Website

Hello !

You don't see it because - I suppose - you are using the "Members" link in the menu (leading to userlist.php page).
You should go to the "Admin" menu, and there, select the "Users" link on the left, which leads to admin_users.php page.
There, you choose your criteria (as "Unverified users" group).

But be cautious : Removing a group is not a good idea, you shouldn't do that, but delete users pertaining to a group ...

By the way, if you have dozens of spammers, perhaps should you install an AntiSpam mod (like "SpamBarrier" or "Honeypot + StopForumSpam") ?

#5 2018-05-12 17:14:14

Gravy

Had to wait 10 minutes to post this but yeah I figured it out..

This whole time I was clicking User List at the TOP. I just tried clicking Administration, then the 'users' option on LEFT and NOW I SEE the check boxes. Hallelujah!

Last edited by Gravy (2018-05-12 17:25:33)

Board footer