Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-13 23:18:41

Alex.C

Adding features

Please somebody tell me why you can't make fluxbb user friendly? Why do you only want techie coders to use it? you have no clear easy advice for a non techie user to add a website graphic header, and your default setting allowing any public visitor to read the sites user list means folks wont join as themselves, they have to make up stupid non personal names like "lazarus". 23 people emailed me to say they wont join my free forum because user names are displayed. I'm not a coder, and I feel alienated by this website and fluxbb. If that is how your community wishes to be perceived by non techies, ok.                                                                                                                                                           Also it not only needs a PM system, but it needs Facebook and Twitter integration too. Why can't you just offer those facilities as optional plugins?   Thanks for your time.

P.S If no one can tell me how to switch off public display of membership, and how to easily add my site header without editing important files manually (I am not a coder) then please can someone recommend  forum softwares that aren't just for php coders and techies please? Thanks.

Last edited by Alex.C (2015-07-13 23:29:34)

#2 2015-07-14 04:20:15

hcgtv
Website

Re: Adding features

Hi Alex,

Look in User Groups, that's where you control permissions.

As for the header, you have to make changes to header.php.

I usually make change to footer.php to add copyright stuff, etc.

As for user friendliness, Google Groups?

#3 2015-07-14 08:24:18

adaur
Developer
Website

Re: Adding features

If you're looking for a full-featured forum, then FluxBB might not be the best choice.

However, if you need a simple BB system clean and extensible, then you should be contented.

As hcgtv said, please check the User groups page to adjust permissions. You can browse the resources to find the mods you need (PM for example).

As for the header, you can either try to edit the description (admin_options), edit your .css file, edit the header.php file or the template file (include/templates/main.tpl).

Ref: https://fluxbb.org/docs/faq#has-more-fe … use-fluxbb

FeatherBB - A simple and lightweight new generation forum system
Based on FluxBB, written in PHP, using Slim Framework for a proper OOP-MVC architecture.

Board footer