Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-31 10:58:57

Reines
Administrator
Website

Get involved

As we have said a few times, the FluxBB community is very important to us. However, we are well aware that some of the actions/decisions since the fork were made without anywhere near enough input from the community. The decision to scrap 1.3 and start on 1.4 was a rather confusing decision, which should have been discussed at length with the community. 1.4 itself then took much longer than we had intended, and people were left wondering what was going on. Now that we finally have 1.4 out the door, the question is where we go next.

Now I'm not trying to bash myself or other developers here, but my point is in the past the development process has been a bit un-organised and decisions have been made without as much discussion or community input as they should have had. We have been attempting to turn this around by involving the community a bit more, but the next step is to open up the development discussion - allowing everyone to see what is going on, and have their say. To achieve this, I have now made the development board accessible to everyone (except guests), rather than developers only.

The development board is where we (the developers) tend to discuss issues that arise during development, and dump our thoughts regarding new features and so on.

Additionally I have added a page detailing a few ways in which users can get involved and help out with the development of FluxBB.

My hope is that with a more open development process we will be able to make better decisions, and users will be able to understand and appreciate such decisions. Additionally if anyone has been interested in helping out with FluxBB but weren't sure where to start, hopefully it will now be clearer what is going on and how you can help out smile

#2 2010-07-31 11:42:30

Mpok

Re: Get involved

Nice move ! smile

#3 2010-08-01 06:13:16

Gary

A very good move. I'll definitely try my best to helping out with FluxBB and it's development. Thanks for this great opportunity guys and I do recommend everyone to take this chance.

#4 2010-08-01 12:28:40

Franz
Lead developer
Website

This thread should be renamed to "Git involved". Haha wink

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#5 2010-08-03 14:17:16

Gary

Nice one! lol

Board footer