Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-17 17:24:54

tahanson43206

Help finding Query to Ban Users with Selected Characteristics

Before posting this question, I searched the forum for posts with words like tool and ban. Only a couple came up, and they were about different problems.

In the forum where I'm trying to assist, we have thousands of ID's created by spammers.  The Admin closed off registration, and we have instituted a "manual" registration procedure that seems to be working.

However, we have thousands of ID's left over from all the spamming, and we have chosen to convert them to useful ID's which we can then use for the manual registration process.

Is there a query somewhere in the forum archive that we can run to convert thousands of ID's from Registered Member to banned?

The criteria I have in mind are:

1) ID is Registered member
2) ID has NO posts (post count = 0)
3) Age of ID is greater than an amount specified at run time

The query would be run by an Administrator due to it's power.

Thanks!

(th)

#2 2021-01-17 17:38:49

Visman
Website

Re: Help finding Query to Ban Users with Selected Characteristics

let admin open the link

your.forum/admin_users.php?form%5Busername%5D=&form%5Bemail%5D=&form%5Btitle%5D=&form%5Brealname%5D=&form%5Burl%5D=&form%5Bjabber%5D=&form%5Bicq%5D=&form%5Bmsn%5D=&form%5Baim%5D=&form%5Byahoo%5D=&form%5Blocation%5D=&form%5Bsignature%5D=&form%5Badmin_note%5D=&posts_greater=&posts_less=1&last_post_after=&last_post_before=&last_visit_after=&last_visit_before=&registered_after=&registered_before=2021-01-01&order_by=registered&direction=DESC&user_group=-1&find_user=Submit+search

or go to the admin panel - users and set their search criteria.
There you can also go to the profiles of found users and change the data for issuing these profiles to real users.

#3 2021-01-18 15:30:33

tahanson43206

For Visman re #2

Thank you for your helpful reply.  We have thousands if ID's to process.  Is the procedure you described a manual one?  The Administrator is currently visiting each ID in turn, and individually banning that ID.  We estimate this will take about three years to complete.

What I was hoping for is a Query that will perform the banning of all thousands of ID's in a few seconds.

In the mean time, I will forward your reply in hopes it will be helpful!

Thanks again!

Edit#1: The reply was forwarded to the Admin. Thanks again!

Edit#2: Thanks again for your reply.  After study, we have confirmed that the query does NOT perform an insert of a replacement Group code, nor does in carry out the process of adding the user to the bans table.

A query that I am hoping for will create an entry in the bans table for the ID that meets the search criteria, and will make whatever changes in the user table that are needed.

At this point I am not certain what those are.

We do have a query that delivers all records with a Group value of Zero (Not Verified) This is helpful to be able to work the 3,000 of those ID's.  At the rate of 22 per day, I hope to process those by June.

The procedure includes renaming the ID's, renaming the email addresses, and banning them.

In the banning procedure, we are removing an IP address because there is no need to prevent that IP address from being used, since we have blocked registrations.

Thanks again!

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2021-01-18 16:14:01)

#4 2021-01-18 16:36:10

Visman
Website

groupban1.png
groupban2.png
groupban3.png
and 50 users banned (by name and email)!
Repeat until finished.
---
New user:
Open the profile of any banned user. Change his name and email. You get a new unbanned user.

tongue

#5 2021-01-19 15:39:01

tahanson43206

For Visman re #4 ... Thanks very much!

50 at a time is a ** big ** improvement!

I'll pass the link to your reply immediately.

FYI .. the Admin ran the query you gave us yesterday, and several previously unknown ID's showed up. It turned out those were created by another Admin, long ago and far away, to try to prevent use of certain email addresses.

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2021-01-19 15:57:20)

#6 2021-01-20 16:42:31

tahanson43206

For Visman re #4 ....

The Admin did not admit using the procedure you showed us, but his productivity increased from 10 ID's per day to 750 yesterday.  Now we have a chance of clearing the backlog of vulnerability in weeks instead of years.

(th)

#7 2021-04-11 12:41:50

tahanson43206

Thanks again for help with the ID cleanup we are doing ... We have accumulated 4457 ID's ready for new (real) users.

The total count of ID's created (real and spammer) is 19633, which should hold from now because we have closed registrations.

Now I am trying to run a query to find **just** users with 0 posts whose registration date matches the last_visit date. The tool available for Admin Searches offers "last_visit_before" and "registered_before" which may be alias of some kind. In any case, they did not work, and I do not have access to the underlying fields.  Here is a paste of a test run:

Test command:
http://newmars.com/forums/admin_users.p … mit+search

Failed >> no result & no error message

Trial 2:

http://newmars.com/forums/admin_users.p … ername%5D=   

&posts_less=1   

&last_visit_before=registered_before

&order_by=username   &direction=DESC   &user_group=-1   &find_user=Submit+search

Got: You entered an invalid date/time

Is there an existing query that could deliver the ID's we're looking for?  We estimate there may be 12000 or so.

Thanks!

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2021-04-11 12:43:29)

#8 2021-04-12 02:34:26

Visman
Website

There is no way to filter users by the condition: date of last visit = date of registration.

#9 2021-04-12 14:00:58

tahanson43206

For VisMan re question about query to deliver registered = last_visit records.

I was afraid that might be the case, but needed to ask!  Thanks for your reply!

The issue at hand is that I am coding a Web Browser Automation capability to tackle the problem.

We are using AACKeys.exe to provide access to the browser.

There are over 120 commands available, and I have only "mastered" one (<esc>,combine,control,c.)

That command allows me to capture highlighted text on the screen, copy it to the clipboard, and then read it.

The problem with existing FluxBB queries is that the fields we want are NOT highlightable.

An example of a highlightable field is the address bar (Ctrl/L) or one of the input fields (Username).

In the case of the query to find users with zero posts, we can see that the user is banned, but the display is in a field that cannot be highlighted (except by extraordinary commands) so I can't access that field easily.

Likewise, the registered date and last_visit dates are available to visually "see" on the User Profile, but I cannot easily capture them.

For anyone interested ... we used Level 0 (brute force) automation to convert 4000+ spammer Id's to potentially usable ID's.  I had to babysit the program while it did all that work, because when glitches occurred, the program began wandering all over the Internet.  The new version is Level 1 (elementary automation with feedback).  It uses the clipboard to send data from the browser back to the program, so the program can ** know ** an action was completed (or not);

Thanks again for the 50-at-a-time tip!

(th)

Last edited by tahanson43206 (2021-04-12 14:02:18)

Board footer