Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-11 22:59:42

Brunste

Integration Question: Using FluxBB pun_navlinks across multiple files

Hello. First time posting on these forums, so feel free to shout at me if this is in the wrong spot. After a bit of digging through the search feature, I couldn't find a solution to this, so I figured I would ask myself.

I am trying to integrate FluxBB into my existing website as a replacement for a custom forum page I had written myself as a personal project. I installed FluxBB as a sub-directory (website_root/fluxbb/index.php for example) on the site for some testing, and it's working great so far within that specific directory. I'm using a custom style with a template page for now.

The issue now is that I would like to use the navigation link system of FluxBB outside of that directory on my home page website_root/home.php. Simplified, it looks like this:

├── fluxbb
│   └── index.php
└── home.php

I am uncertain of the best way to go about this. The only two solutions I could imagine were:

1. Somehow access the code which replaces <pun_navlinks> from home.php while outside the directory.

2. Transfer my home.php to a template with a modified <pun_main> inside the FluxBB directory.

The problem being that I'm not sure how to do either of these. I'm also not sure if there is a better way to do this that I'm not thinking of. Which (or what) would be the best way to do something like this?

Board footer