Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-06 19:02:20

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Suggestion on Flarum BBcode menu!

Dear Franz

Having meditated on it, having a menu promoting Markdown and not BBcode is pushing the insanity of Markdown and leaving BBcode in the bin. I wish this would be corrected - as Markdown by default ruins letters made by people and thereby needs to be edited afterwards because of messing with it, when not intended by the user. It happens all the time for me.

BBcode does not do that, messing with your post, and has stood the test of time as far as I can see. Thereby I request that the Menu or plugin might have an option for using either one of the ways! As having a menu for Markdown and not BBcode seems to be siding with the new nonsense of Markdown. Yea, it might be one of the "new" things with the "new" forums - but old is not equal bad and a good norm is not needed to replaced with some other utter garbage.

Thereby it should have been BBcode that first and foremost should have been promoted and had the head of start if anything - should it be so difficulty to make the Menu work for both, having the option to choose which markup language you would like to use on the forum? At least have the menu for BBcode as well!

I don't intend to go further into nutty land without some kind of stand against it - whether banned, censored or kicked off platforms.

Dearly Regards
- DarkiJah

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#2 2020-04-08 21:44:40

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Suggestion on Flarum BBcode menu!

I don't think this is the place to discuss Flarum, sorry. wink

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2020-04-12 22:43:47

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Re: Suggestion on Flarum BBcode menu!

Well you have to wait another 18 years for me to come to Flarum forum as far as it stands for now.

Found another forum based on FluxBB, was pretty nice - although it did not take long being banned from that as well so I never got to test it further. Posted 1-2 messages and was banned for spam big_smile

Just gotta love those excuses people give me for getting rid of me.

Anyway, take care Franz - Flarum is looking good, and as long as FluxBB has not been taken up to a level of mobility out of the package and issues here and there. I don't think there is any other choice then to go for Flarum and hope for the best - having hope that not to much insanity is going to enter it, now that I'm kicked off of the board to point things out twice.

In any case - moving slowly forward, but it seems somewhat overwhelming with all the stuff around. There seems to be so many things to do here and there and things in this world are going so quickly in our days.

Dearly Regards
- DarkiJah

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

Board footer