Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-22 14:10:12

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life
Banned

Update on FluxBB as a forum, where I am at the moment.

Hello all, so this is my update.

While having been banned from Bunsenlabs who runs a nice FluxBB forum and having Mobile ready themes, and not being able to enter ArchLinux forum who as well have a very nice Mobile ready FluxBB forum running - because I can't answer their Question and I would also be breaking their rules as I'm not coming to talk about ArchLinux as such but their forum and wanting to test out all there installed themes.

So here is where I am at. Testing 3 different forums. FluxBB is when Mobile friendly or in nerd terms responsive VERY nice on mobile!!! Both ArchLinux and Bunsenlabs have Themes that are just wonderful for Mobile. phpBB as far as I've tested even if most Styles are Mobile friendly are still worse in Mobile mode as it is having things smaller on the screen compared to FluxBB when in Mobile mode. So here FluxBB seems to still be the better choice WHEN the theme is Mobile ready which is very few of them.

I went to the Style area on FluxBB.org and downloaded every single theme and tedious tested every one of them for mobile readiness - I've tested every single theme on BunsenLabs finding 3 Mobile ready known as Helium, Hydrogren and Hydrogen-dev and... I thought the CrunchBang theme would be mobile ready yet it seems this has not been worked out sadly.

I went to ArchLinux forum from the information I got from someone on Bunsenlabs before getting booted and also got the requested CrunchBang Theme from the very same. So I went to ArchLinux which as well do have a very nice mobile ready FluxBB forum but I can't log in and test all there installed themes as I can't figure out there test question for signing up. Most likely a very easy answer.

Although I think there might only be one mobile friendly theme which is the ArchLinux Theme they have.

They have a version of the FluxBB for download on gihub https://github.com/archlinux/archbbs yet it seems there ArchLinux is broke compared to the one they are using on there site.

On the record of downloading the Themes from the website being mobile ready although they seem to all have there own issues:  Air3, Clean, Czarnaszabla, Dark_Orange, Kokuto, Victory

Besides FluxBB.org we have:

BunsenLabs have Helium, Hydrogen and Hydrogen-dev

Thereby, Arch Linux have one called ArchLinux

Would love to see if it was possible, even with my newbie skills - to make CrunchBang and Mercury Mobile ready. But I need access to the other files if any possible newbie reverse-engineer would be possible that I have yet to get, to first test them first to see if they are working as they should and then see if I can figure out a way to take them apart and anoint the others with the ability of Mobility.

So, that's where I am - I think I'll make an undercover operation on Netbunsen and see if I can get some help from the guy over there on the Themes and see if I can find a contact on the ArchLinux IRC who can help me.

I really don't understand why the default Styles does not have mobility in FluxBB and that you have an issue out of the package which would be kinda important to update the file on the page if you have already corrected it in the Master! smile You're not making it easier for new comers.

So my suggestion would to look into fixing a new updated file for the webpage so you don't have the PHP? error which is already corrected in the master and look into getting a nice way of Mobile ability into the standard Themes. It seems like there might be different ways, the question is which way is the best way of FluxBB to do it. Then others could build on that.

I guess this Forum being slightly dead, sadly while still being a working forum - it could become more attractive at least. At least it seems somewhat forgotten, but with some minor things it would at least become more tasty for people smile

By the way the Master needs a 9 letter password for install so I could not use my standard password, really? smile WHY????

Dearly Regards
DarkiJah

Last edited by JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life (2020-03-22 16:33:17)

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#2 2020-03-23 06:36:04

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life
Banned

Re: Update on FluxBB as a forum, where I am at the moment.

Toying around with Flarum... I don't know... Some things are nice others are not or lagging features. And I have not been able to install it myself but found host that seem to be down at the moment, at least my page is not found.
I'm still running in circles on this.... If I could get Mercury or Crunchbang fixed for mobile mode, then FluxBB would probably be enough for me. I'll take a search on the forum to see if there is anything of that nature of help.

Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for.

#3 2020-03-23 23:12:40

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life
Banned

Re: Update on FluxBB as a forum, where I am at the moment.

Update, I've decided to go with Flarum - I can do a "theme" by myself in CSS by reverse engineering although time consuming it is on the level that I can do. I'm done wasting to much energy on this topic as to what to choose. Flarum might be in beta, but I'm sure they will move forward. I've tried using it on there forum although now suspended for 7 days, I think the admins are a little trigger happy and they should think about that there is a lot of newcomers like me that is sitting and trying it out on there forum and learning something new overall. Just getting comfortable with it is using it and getting to enjoy it - as you learn how to use this new kind of forum and as it grow on you.
I'm at this moment toying around with reverse engineering the CSS and trying this and that - I have 2 themes in mind that I want to remake on Flarum, which I think I can do with just enough time and tinkering. Crunchbang and Mercury is something I want to see on Flarum so this is what I'm am going after. Just colors and such, things I can do you know smile

I think it will be awesome - time will tell. But yea, I'm going with Flarum - to much hazzle with FluxBB and not much help, getting working sources and such, not workable. phpBB seems way overkill to me so I think Flarum will be the middle path here although in Beta, it is already working pretty good. And the forum is active although it still seems somewhat confusing with the tags and all... But I learned a good deal about the forum before getting put in jail for 7 days.

Franz from FluxBB is also over there - still it is sad that no one kept FluxBB more alive and the themes mobile ready as it is doing a wonderful job on mobile WHEN it is mobile ready.

Anyway, I should stop wasting more energy on this - I've decided to go with Flarum and hope they will continue to finish the product. There is still features lagging and breaking here and there. I can fix the 2 themes I love so much on Flarum, and take a little of Crunchbang and FluxBB with me over to Flarum. smile And I think I can Newbie it wink And there is always the possibility of asking people on the forum as long as I'm not suspended or banned.

My test Forum is found here:  https://JesusIsJehovah.flarum.cloud you can setup your own free forum and try it out smile
I'm at the moment trying to reconstruct CrunchBang theme in regards of colors.... To get the feel, and I have another one in mind for a more fit for my own webpage with orange smile

Dearly Regards
- DarkiJah

Last edited by JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life (2020-03-23 23:17:32)

Board footer