Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-24 00:53:00

thepostaldude

Bad HTTP_REFERER when trying to set BaseURL

Hello, and greetings.

I am still kinda new to webhosting/ftp in general, and I am finally glad to find fluxBB, its more lightweight then PHPBB, and doesn't have 3000-something files.

However, i am having an issue, i am trying to set my base url to my sites domain, instead of (nameofmysite.domain/fluxbb-1.5.11/index.php), that isn't the name of the site, just using it as a place holder, but when i try to, i get this message.

"Bad HTTP_REFERER. If you have moved these forums from one location to another or switched domains, you need to update the Base URL manually in the database (look for o_base_url in the config table) and then clear the cache by deleting all .php files in the /cache directory."

I am looking through the root folder and everything in Filezilla, and i can't find this "o_base_url" at all, what am i doing wrong?

#2 2019-11-24 15:05:05

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Bad HTTP_REFERER when trying to set BaseURL

You will have to change the value in the database, not the filesystem - do you have access to PhpMyAdmin or something similar?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2019-11-24 18:55:54

thepostaldude

Franz wrote:

You will have to change the value in the database, not the filesystem - do you have access to PhpMyAdmin or something similar?

I manged to fix it through a reinstall, but thanks for the response, but I am currently in another issue.

I can preview a post, and post just fine, but they spit out these two errors on top.

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/vhosts/gsreborn.6te.net/forum/include/parser.php on line 98

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/vhosts/gsreborn.6te.net/forum/include/functions.php on line 2066

Like i said, both work, but these errors pop up on time. Is there anyway to hide them or fix them? I tried changing error_reporting to error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED);, like a lot of people said to, and it doesn't fix it, what do i do?

#4 2019-11-24 19:26:29

thepostaldude

I also am having issues installing a plugin, i get this error.
Warning: require(./forum/plugins/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vhosts/SITENAME/forum/plugins/install_mod.php on line 80

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './forum/plugins/common.php' (include_path='.:/opt/remi/php73/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/remi/php73/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/vhosts/SITENAME/forum/plugins/install_mod.php on line 80

I don't get it, common.php is there! Please help...I can't find any other support anywhere else for this

#5 2019-11-25 02:10:16

Visman
Website

Like i said, both work, but these errors pop up on time. Is there anyway to hide them or fix them? I tried changing error_reporting to error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED);, like a lot of people said to, and it doesn't fix it, what do i do?

Use the latest changes from dev-master https://github.com/fluxbb/fluxbb/archive/master.zip

I don't get it, common.php is there! Please help...I can't find any other support anywhere else for this

Which plugin are you trying to install?

#6 2019-11-25 20:59:57

thepostaldude

Visman wrote:

Use the latest changes from dev-master https://github.com/fluxbb/fluxbb/archive/master.zip

Which plugin are you trying to install?

dakuju, the github version words without any errors.

I am trying to install this plugin, because i want to make use of bbcode.

https://fluxbb.org/resources/mods/custom-bbcode/

#7 2019-11-26 03:27:02

Visman
Website

Read the readme.txt file from the modification archive and follow all the steps in order.

Board footer