Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-25 00:45:18

sazooki

Few questions!

Hi all. Firstly, can someone point me to the piece of code I have to modify to change this to a consistent border?

GfkpwGB.png

I've pointed to the areas in question in the image with little red arrows; I want a full, consistent border all along the length of it, but currently the category part doesn't have borders.

Secondly, is there an easy way to insert html into a style without editing the site's description? Editing the descriptions far from a perfect solution since I want the image inserts to match multiple styles.

Lastly, is there any way to add descriptions not just for individual forums themselves but also categories? Where it says simply 'forum' I'd like to add a description for the category, e.g 'Food category' instead of simply having 'Forum' underneath it, would instead have 'Discuss food in these forums!' I understand that this is tied to 'topics / posts / last post' so I'm guessing this isn't possible.

Thanks.

Last edited by sazooki (2017-07-25 00:46:17)

#2 2017-07-25 22:59:17

TigerAero
Website

Re: Few questions!

If you want a single border around all that keep in mind then your "Forum" and forum titles will have a double border on their left side. We'd have to see the code to know what's doing what.

#3 2017-08-03 22:00:26

sazooki

Re: Few questions!

TigerAero wrote:

If you want a single border around all that keep in mind then your "Forum" and forum titles will have a double border on their left side. We'd have to see the code to know what's doing what.

Why is it so hard just to have a consistent border that doesn't stop at the section name?

On this forum, on styles like Fire, there are borders around the section name. They also seem to have somehow gotten rid of the section name altogether and just kept the part that on my forum says simply 'Forum' - how can I do either of these?

Board footer