Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-26 09:53:53

keyscrambler

My Fluxbb Website

Hello Dear FluxBB user and other;

I come here following the abandonment FluxBB 2.0 for flarum. Indeed I am fortunate to have a developer based forum FluxBB, and follows many years the evolution of this CMS.

Following the announcement of Flarum and study of the structure of the latter, it must be admitted that this CMS seems that having little in common with his illustrious elder.

To bring some material to the debate, I propose to present the work we have done on our FluxBB. In fact besides the fact to present original and exclusive features developped around the CMS, this presentation also aims to question advanced FluxBB 2 (Flarum) that I think will be unable to provide such openness to change and in any case much less accessible in terms of code and structure.

That's why I liked FluxBB:

1 - Adress of the website : http://www.bassexpression.com/

2- Setting up a portal, containing the basic Last 15 active topics as well as a place for our social networks and other.
This portal offers infinite scroll back to the different topics of the forum following the order of the latest contributions ...
It also offers a new way to surf the forum since we set up a filter to select only a particular viewforum and the ability to create new topics directly.
The latter is of course responsive and offers some flexible options such as automatic refresh, cinema mode, media reading included in the post directly from the portal etc ..
This change could allow the removal of index.php in the form that we know here in particular, but we chose to hold together the two for not messing members.

AEkLFMok62.png:mini

3 - http://www.bassexpression.com/forum.php : Implementation of a slider incorporating multimedia content on our Youtube channel and also to find content from the forum. When clicking on one of playlist videos, it opens in a small window dimension of the slider or pop-up if you prefer.

JBtdw1sfQq.png:mini

4- Integration FTP for members, based on the involvement module:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRDfND3xoKY

5- Establish an infoline broadcast system based on the involvement of members module, that is complex enough to explain in English, but it allows automatic broadcast of MP information to members having made demand and combining different criteria.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYJOl-mJwoY (*)

6- Integrate a Image hosting service in post.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaKgegJaFA (*)

7 - Thumbnails of the images to the topics in some Viewforum with suitable management interface:
YKOfA4LRlu.png:mini

8- Establishing a ratio of posts in a very special section of the forum in order to avoid an imbalance in the participation of members.

9- 90% Responsive Design on Site

10- Dozens of small improvements such as quick access to the presentation of the member for his profile, Facebook integration response module offers a hybrid forum, WYSIWYG editor, Direct download of embed content in post, setting up small module as "Related Articles" and " Links " , return of mod out of date as a  arcade place, calendar or reward after each post !!

(*) Video with old template sorry.

In short we pushed customizing FluxBB has its climax, and it is to see this possibility challenged by the arrival of Flarum that concerns me .. Will always available to you as a way to provide such encoder changes in what promises to be FluxBB 2.0? Will it be possible for forced modification of the basic CMS in such extremes

Sorry for english, i hope you understand the whole message..

Last edited by keyscrambler (2015-06-26 10:00:24)

#2 2015-06-26 11:36:13

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: My Fluxbb Website

Wow, you've taken modifications to the extreme. wink

Flarum is super extensible, but it took a lot of architectural changes and object orientation to get there. As far as I can say, all these things should be possible as Flarum extensions; the best thing, though: no core modifications will be necessary, because you will be able to use one of the many extension points in the code.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2015-06-26 14:35:04

eric235u
Website

You did a lot of work. Good job!

#4 2015-06-26 16:42:21

keyscrambler

Thank's for you're comment.

Franz wrote:

Flarum is super extensible, but it took a lot of architectural changes and object orientation to get there. As far as I can say, all these things should be possible as Flarum extensions; the best thing, though: no core modifications will be necessary, because you will be able to use one of the many extension points in the code.

Really ? In which language ? JS ?

Because it's not easy accessible than PHP, but if flarum keep the same possibilities of adaptation, it's a good point that can play a role in the futur choice.

#5 2015-06-26 19:28:40

Franz
Lead developer
Website

You'll most likely have to write both PHP (for the backend) and JavaScript (for the frontend), yes.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#6 2015-07-02 20:34:00

keyscrambler

Thank's for answer.

#7 2015-11-04 20:32:51

chanchozoka

Wow, your site is impressive. I'm just starting out with a FluxBB forum, but after seeing this... the sky is the limit (literally).

I just have to find out how to put latest post in the forum... The homepage with thumbnails was a great idea, I was doing something similar but more un a blog format.

Congrats.

#8 2016-12-15 13:54:07

littleprince

Wow, Your website is so Awesome!!

Board footer