Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-08 20:20:03

TigerAero
Website

Back to flux.

http://thexeno.com

We've had different name brandings in the past, xeno13, The Dragon Society but we're finally done with all that.

We are a new Society of people that are looking to change the world. Through open discussions and through planning we can change our own lives and the lives and world around us.

We are a new age Society with open membership. Our colors are green, white, and black. We offer 3 factions. The Xeno Clan is available at thexeno.com. If you have the Will to Change the world or looking for a reason for being consider us. We will help you Change the world through open discussion, activities and realization.

Last edited by TigerAero (2016-06-19 16:44:41)

#2 2015-05-09 17:56:31

TigerAero
Website

Re: Back to flux.

Major theme update now complete. Any thoughts?

#3 2015-05-12 17:16:09

TigerAero
Website

The theme is now finished and no more changes until we ever get to flarum. tongue

#4 2015-05-25 22:28:00

TigerAero
Website

With a sigh of relief the site theme and look is finished now (for real!) until the day we incorporate Flarum.

Check us out! http://www.thexeno.com

smile

Last edited by TigerAero (2015-05-25 22:28:21)

#5 2015-06-10 18:37:02

TigerAero
Website

As an update...I think our look is like 99% done. I decided to go ahead and make a few more nips and tucks. Any thoughts/ideas?

#6 2015-06-11 09:53:53

seven
Website

Yes, stop changing things smile

gamezoo.org - serious gaming services for serious gamers.

#7 2015-06-11 15:55:17

TigerAero
Website

seven wrote:

Yes, stop changing things smile

So it's "good" then?

#8 2015-06-12 08:23:37

Otomatic
FluxBB Donor
Website

Hi,

The only way to end a program is to remove it from the hands of the programmer. smile

Ce n'est pas parce que l'erreur se propage qu'elle devient vérité. Ghandi
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation. Ghandi

#9 2015-06-12 15:37:26

eric235u
Website

Otomatic wrote:

Hi,

The only way to end a program is to remove it from the hands of the programmer. smile

That is the truth!

#10 2015-07-07 20:37:30

TigerAero
Website

Visit the website folks! Look at what I was able to do with on the homepage! smile

#11 2015-07-17 21:47:15

TigerAero
Website

Just finished up some more amazing touches. big_smile Check it out! smile

#12 2015-07-18 10:46:49

Studio384
Developer
Website

I'm going to stick with "it's plain ugly". Seriously, this is a design that was common in the early days of the web when we did styling with HTML. Also, you waste an aweful lot of space.

#13 2015-07-18 22:05:50

TigerAero
Website

Studio384 wrote:

I'm going to stick with "it's plain ugly". Seriously, this is a design that was common in the early days of the web when we did styling with HTML. Also, you waste an aweful lot of space.

It's to ensure the 1 theme for mobile and desktop approach. No additional program/machine crunching to get a high mobile rating. Each of my pages have a 88 or higher mobile rating.

Google has said before that more then 10% of its weight in the pagerank algorithm is attributed to mobile rating. That's a LOT. That easily boots someone out of page one results if they have any competition at all for a keyword.

Last edited by TigerAero (2015-07-18 22:09:10)

#14 2015-07-19 07:58:43

chris98
Website

I'd say though, that because of the mobile design, it's very hard to navigate in, and does not follow a regular forum pattern.

You'd be best off doing separate mobile styles and desktop styles, it will give you much more control.

It's certainly not easy, but I figured by now you're experienced enough with CSS to give it a go wink

#15 2015-07-21 17:05:09

Studio384
Developer
Website

TigerAero wrote:
Studio384 wrote:

It's to ensure the 1 theme for mobile and desktop approach. No additional program/machine crunching to get a high mobile rating. Each of my pages have a 88 or higher mobile rating.

Google has said before that more then 10% of its weight in the pagerank algorithm is attributed to mobile rating. That's a LOT. That easily boots someone out of page one results if they have any competition at all for a keyword.

Which isn't an excuse for bad design. You appear to have fixed the aweful waste of space, however, this is still something we could find in de '90s. Further, you might want to look into responsive design, because serving a mobile interface build for small screens to desktop users, is not the solution.

#16 2015-07-21 17:53:21

TigerAero
Website

Studio384 wrote:
TigerAero wrote:
Studio384 wrote:

Which isn't an excuse for bad design. You appear to have fixed the aweful waste of space, however, this is still something we could find in de '90s. Further, you might want to look into responsive design, because serving a mobile interface build for small screens to desktop users, is not the solution.

Maybe not for you, but I look at your website and I see big blobs of color with thin text in those big blocks. It looks like a lego site. Just add in some graphics to your blocks of color and text and voila. Pandering to 10 year olds.

And just so you know, that thin text on your website...is unreadable on HDTVs...major fail.

Not to mention you got a mobile rating of less then 40 (I think 30 is the minimum to pass to be mobile friendly lmao!)

Last edited by TigerAero (2015-07-21 17:58:08)

#17 2015-07-21 17:58:54

chris98
Website

Studio384 was only trying to give some constructive criticism, I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it reads. From what I can tell, he was only giving honest feedback.

#18 2015-07-21 18:01:12

TigerAero
Website

chris98 wrote:

Studio384 was only trying to give some constructive criticism, I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it reads. From what I can tell, he was only giving honest feedback.

Well it came across like a pretty under-handed statement. I had to do some paces around the house. His wording and demeanor is something that I would have punched someone for in real life lol.

He doesn't know that I work for some pretty damn important people who limit me on the colors: Green, White and Black. They want a forum for their group (which I'm a part of) and they want to incorporate a background image/color that displays on every page. Beyond that it's fair game how I present it. So I don't think I'm doing too bad.

Last edited by TigerAero (2015-07-21 20:56:57)

#19 2015-07-22 20:56:06

TigerAero
Website

Although thanks to Studio384's website I got a good brainstorm and fixed my site up even better. smile

#20 2015-07-22 21:48:49

Studio384
Developer
Website

TigerAero wrote:
Studio384 wrote:
TigerAero wrote:

Maybe not for you, but I look at your website and I see big blobs of color with thin text in those big blocks. It looks like a lego site. Just add in some graphics to your blocks of color and text and voila. Pandering to 10 year olds.

And just so you know, that thin text on your website...is unreadable on HDTVs...major fail.

Not to mention you got a mobile rating of less then 40 (I think 30 is the minimum to pass to be mobile friendly lmao!)

The big question is: does it matter? Perhaps I don't care that my website isn't readable on HDTVs because which person goes to search on their tv to the support website for forum software? The answer is nobody. Also, you should go and take a look why Google gives a 40% rating to that website: because their test fails. They take the desktop version to check for mobility, this is an error in their test. Further, some of the points these tests check on are irrelevant to some websites. And go check the detailed results of these tests: one of the point Google points out that has an issue are resources that come from them! And for your information, the real mobile rating for my website is 91.

Anyway, back to the topic:

- The menu is an improvement
- The previous design for the forum list was better, it wasted less space, yet showed the same info and was probably as touch friendly as could be.
- It is very confusing that everything starting from the stats - including the software copyright - are displayed as if its another forum
- Drop the Matrix-background
- Add a devision between posts
- Pagination and breadcrumbs should be much more obvious

TigerAero wrote:

Well it came across like a pretty under-handed statement. I had to do some paces around the house. His wording and demeanor is something that I would have punched someone for in real life lol.

He doesn't know that I work for some pretty damn important people who limit me on the colors: Green, White and Black. They want a forum for their group (which I'm a part of) and they want to incorporate a background image/color that displays on every page. Beyond that it's fair game how I present it. So I don't think I'm doing too bad.

The fact that you ask for feedback on your site, but once you get it, you want to punch me in the face, is a clear sign that you can't handle negative feedback. And if you can't handle that, then don't ask for feedback at all, especialy when you become agressive about it. And an even worse thing to do is attack someone else and throwing things like "And just so you know, that thin text on your website. is unreadable on HDTVs...major fail" to them. Sorry, but that just shows again that you can't handle feedback and have to attack others to make a point about your own work. And that's just weak.

And further: I don't care for who you work, you came here for feedback, I gave you feedback, and in the list mentioned above, you find even more feedback. Being limited to the colors green, white and black isn't an excuse, there are enough websites out there that are using these 3 colors (actualy "this color", as black and white aren't colors) and look amazing.

#21 2015-07-23 07:43:11

chris98
Website

TigerAero wrote:

Although thanks to Studio384's website I got a good brainstorm and fixed my site up even better. smile

I'm just getting:

This PHP environment doesn't have Improved MySQL (mysqli) support built in. Improved MySQL support is required if you want to use a MySQL 4.1 (or later) database to run this forum. Consult the PHP documentation for further assistance.

#22 2015-07-23 12:40:38

Franz
Lead developer
Website

@Studio384: To be honest, "it's plain ugly" isn't very constructive feedback, either. Yes, TigerAero asked for feedback, but that doesn't mean we should throw our opinions at him like that. smile

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#23 2016-05-21 22:02:09

TigerAero
Website

Geesh hard to believe it's almost a year later lol. Finally decided on my metro theme and how it will look. There'll be minor touches possibly from here on out but it's look and functionality is at 90% now.

http://www.thexeno.com

Last edited by TigerAero (2016-05-21 22:02:51)

#24 2016-05-23 12:13:58

Gary

Looking good. Time flies when you're having fun. wink

I'm glad to hear that FluxBB has served you well.

#25 2016-07-08 21:53:18

TigerAero
Website

Slight nod/update. Metro was trying to be too much so I kept it slimmed down and created my own little "aura." It's kind of a framework, kind of a MVC, kind of a session manager...kind of lol. tongue

aura 1.0 now. http://www.thexeno.com

Board footer