Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-21 16:22:46

joel

hello, i need a home page responsive php codes.

The forums will be in subfulder or sud domain.

from the home page you can Clikc to nevigate just like flubb home.

How to put the code and css togather and qurrel users database.

Like this,  You are logged in as joel : profile | logout  that is on home page.

Actually I am needing this for another site and not for fluxb really.

Thanks if any one can be bothered to reply. Me

Warning! be informed and be forewarned. <p>
<?php
I'm not a native English Man. So my comments might contain some grammatical explosive (ELD), missapropreation of words (dinamyt), The use of wrong words (missiles), & mis spelling of words (war drones). Any of the occurrence can cause havoc. So be warned
?>

#2 2014-11-21 16:33:23

chris98
Website

Re: hello, i need a home page responsive php codes.

Can you provide more details on what you'd like help with? Maybe a screenshot or something would help, it's fairly vague what you're asking at the moment, or at least to me.

#3 2014-11-21 21:09:51

joel

yes, i can create a simple HTML index.php. Page.

But the problem is i want the login and register of
q2a to appear at the top of the index.php page.
The header of home page. 

And if user is already login but visit the homepage
then the username should be at the top as already login.

Example. Hello Guest, welcome to q2a login or register.

For xxxx click here
For xxxx cick here
For xxxx click here

Hello joel welcome to q2a.

For xxxxx click here
For xxxxx clikc here
For xxxxx click here

I do hope you understand it now? I want to install more than one q2a.

i want to make home page and put forum in a
subfolder.

but on the homepage i want the forum header for the login account to show up on the home page

<?php
I'm not a native English Man. So my comments might contain some grammatical explosive (ELD), missapropreation of words (dinamyt), The use of wrong words (missiles), & mis spelling of words (war drones). Any of the occurrence can cause havoc. So be warned
?>

#4 2014-11-22 09:55:38

chris98
Website

If this is for a completely different site, you have the choice of sessions or cookies (FluxBB use cookies, they're harder to achieve securely, or at least at first, but they're better - sessions automatically expire when you leave the site, cookies expire when they're told to). You'd be better off following a tutorial for logins if it's completely separate from FluxBB. Note that if the tutorial uses the any of the following functions:

mysql_connect, mysql_query, mysql_numrows, mysql_close .etc then you should leave it and pick a different one. Only use a tutorial that uses PDO or MySQLi prepared statements.

It depends on how you set it your database structure out as to what code you'll be wanting - you can also cherry-pick the authentication code from Fluxbb 1.5.7, this will make it a lot easier on yourself - and if you use the same global variables as FluxBB (i.e pun_user) you can check with the following if they're a guest:

if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
//do something

I also recommend you use a template - or at least keep the HTML and PHP separate - keeping PHP & HTML separate is much easier to read and there is less lag on page loading. This is a great tutorial on code separation.

#5 2014-11-23 07:43:19

joel

check the code, is it something like this?

<?php
session_start();
if(isset($_SESSION['username']))
{
?>
<html>
<head>
<title>Home</title>
<?php       
include 'db_connect.php';
$cname=$_POST['username'];
 $cust1=$_SESSION['username'];
$result = mysql_query("Select * from where custid='$cust1'",$link) or die("Database Error");
?>

<?php
?>

#6 2014-11-23 09:34:18

chris98
Website

I suggest you re-read my previous post. Precisely, the part where I say that the function mysql_query() is deprecated and insecure. You're asking to be hacked. Read this, and study it. Once you're happy you've accomplished this baby step, then continue. Security is the #1 priority here.

And ignoring that major security risk, there are still many other flaws in that code.

You shouldn't use

SELECT * FROM [...]

because it's not only harder for debugging but includes columns you may not need in the code. Only name the columns of the database that you currently need in the script.

$cname=$_POST['username'];

is completely pointless - you're simply copying the same value across with no benefit at all.

In regards to the original question: I can't tell by looking just at that snippet. It seems like a login form of some kind - but I need to see more of the code. Here are a few questions - What's the value of $_SESSION['username']? If it's actually the username, then why do you have the database query?

#7 2014-11-24 17:21:02

joel

ok buddy. for now i don't want to use the header again, just want to use a plain html home page.

take a look at the code if its nenorable to hackeing i mean this

this oixbuy.com/index.php
and this oixbuy.com/terms.php

code is

<html>
<head>
<title> Welcome to OiXBuy</title> 
</head>
<body>
<h1><span style="font-size: 12pt;"></span><span style="font-size: 12pt;"> <o:p></o:p></span></h1>

<h2><span style="font-size: 15pt;"><a href="http://www.oixbuy.com/">Welcome to OiXBuy.com</span></h2></a>

<p style="font-family: Arial;" class="MsoNormal"><big><big><span style="font-size: 11pt;"> 
OiXBuy is international classified item listing website where anyone can buy and sell item locally,
OiXBuy is a market place where you can get target potential buyers from your region. 

With OiXBuy your buyers&nbsp; might just be at the next doorstep. Trade now on
OiXBuy.com and start selling.<br>
</small></span></big></big></p>

<p style="font-family: Arial;" class="MsoNormal"><big><big><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><span
<div id="footer" class="nuevo">
<div class="links clearfix">
<div class="col">
<div style="text-align: left;">
<h5>Select your country</h5>

<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="http://www.oixbuy.com/ng">Nigeria</a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Ghana</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Kenya</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">South Africa</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Ethiopia</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Uganda</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Morocco</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Ivory Coast</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Cameroon</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Senegal</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Zimbabwe</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Guinea</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>
<li><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a rel="country" href="">Tunisia</a> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Unavailable yet</span></a></li>

<p>
<p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

<div class="qa-bottom-grey">
<li> <span style="font-size: 12pt;">see term of use <a rel="qa-bottom-grey" href="http://www.oixbuy.com/terms.php">term of use</a></li>
<li> <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Free International Classifieds Buy&Sell.| Copyright ©2014 - 2014 All rights reserved. OiXBuy, Inc.</a></li>
			</div>

<style type="text/css">
body, td, input, textarea {
    font-size: 14px;
    font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Arial,sans-serif;
}

body {
    background: url('images/bodybg1.jpg') repeat-x scroll 0px -60px #EEE;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    text-align: center;
	padding-right: 30px;
	padding-left: 20px;
}

footer {
}
.qa-bottom-grey {
    border-color: #555;
    background-color: #888;
    padding: 5px 10px;
    height: 45px;
    color: #FFF;
}

and terms

<html>
<head>
<title> Welcome to OiXBuy</title> 
</head>
<body>

<h1><span style='font-size: 12pt;'></span><span style='font-size: 12pt;'> <o:p></o:p></span></h1>

<h2><span style='font-size: 15pt;'><a href='http://www.OiXBuy.com/'>Welcome to OiXBuy.com</span></h2></a>

<p style='font-family: Arial;' class='MsoNormal'><big><big><span style='font-size: 12pt;'> 

<h5><h2><span style='font-size: 14pt;'>Last Updated: November 24, 2014</h5>
<div style="text-align: justify;">
<span style='font-size: 12pt;'>

<h5>PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THESE TERMS OF USE. BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU INDICATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. </h5>

<h5>ACCEPTANCE</h5>

OiXBuy classified International is sitting on the web at OiXBuy.com only. OiXBuy is a brand on its own and is not affiliated to any other company or website; any website claiming to be from OiXBuy, classified International. Or it affiliate is a hoax so you might want to report them to ours; and if there are any changes with OiXBuy in the near future as regards to this statement it will be publish of on this page. But at the time of reading this page 'OiXBuy.com' has no affiliates. (OiXBuy) provide a collection of online resources which include classified advertisements, forums, and certain e- mail services (collectively, the 'Service') on the website OiXBuy.com) subject to these Terms of Use (these 'Terms').
<h5>DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE AND CONTENT POLICY</h5>

By using the Service, you agree to comply with these Terms. Additionally, when using a portion of the Service, you agree to conform to any applicable posted guidelines for such Service, which may change from time to time. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for reviewing these Terms from time to time and each time you visit this page ensure that you first check on the LAST UPDATED at the top of this page this will let you know when last it was updated. 
Should you object to any term or condition of these Terms, any guideline, or any subsequent changes thereto or become unhappy with OiXBuy in any way, your only choice is to immediately discontinue the use of OiXBuy. These Terms may be updated by OiXBuy at any time at its sole discretion. OiXBuy may send you notice of changes to the Website or the Terms pursuant herein. OiXBuy may provide a translation of the English version of the Terms into other languages. You understand and agree that any translation of the Terms into other languages is for your convenience only and that the English version governs the terms of your relationship with OiXBuy.
 Furthermore, if there are any inconsistencies between the English version of the Terms and any translation, the English version of the Terms shall govern it.  

<h5>OiXBuy CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL </h5>
OiXBuy is the next generation of online classifieds. We act as a venue to allow our users who comply with these Terms to offer, sell, and buy products and services listed on the Website. Although you may be able to conduct payment and other transactions through the Website, using third-party vendors, OiXBuy is not in any way in involved in such transactions. As a result, and as discussed in more detail in these Terms, 

<h5>NO SPAM POLICY</h5> 

You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements or other unsolicited communications to OiXBuy email addresses or through OiXBuy computer systems are expressly prohibited by these Terms. You acknowledge and agree that from time to time OiXBuy may monitor email usage using human monitors or automated software to flag certain words associated with spam or scams in emails that are sent between one user to another in the OiXBuy e mail system. Any communication between yourself and any other user utilizing the communication features available on the Service and the Website may be used only in accordance with the Terms. Any unauthorized use of OiXBuy computer systems is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties. 

<h5>DEALINGS WITH ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIVIDUALS</h5> 

You acknowledge and agree that OiXBuy shall not be liable for your interactions with any organizations and/or individuals on the Website or through the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, payment and delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with any interaction you may have with other organizations and/or individuals. These dealings are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You agree and acknowledge that OiXBuy shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or interactions. If there is a dispute between participants on the Website, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that OiXBuy is under no obligation to become involved in such dispute. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release OiXBuy, its officers, employees, agents and successors from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Service.

<h5>LIMITATION AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE</h5> 

You acknowledge and agree that OiXBuy may establish limits from time to time concerning use of the Service, including among others, the maximum number of days that Content will be maintained or retained by the Service, the maximum number and size of postings, e-mail messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service or the Website. You acknowledge and agree that OiXBuy has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Website or the Service. You acknowledge and agree that OiXBuy reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that OiXBuy shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that OiXBuy, in its sole and absolute discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your e-mail or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason or no reason at all, including, without limitation, if OiXBuy believes that you have violated these Terms. Further, you agree that OiXBuy shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Website or the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service after any such termination.

<h5>ABILITY TO ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE </h5> 
This Website is intended only for adults. You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 18, as the Website is not intended for children under 18.

<h5>NOTICE TO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND THEIR PARENTS OR GUARDIANS</h5> 
If you are under the age of 18, YOU MUST NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. Please do not send us your personal information, including your email addresses, name, and/or contact information. If you want to contact us, you may only do so through your parent or legal guardian.
 <h5> GENERAL INFORMATION  </h5>
These Terms and the other policies posted on the Website constitute the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and OiXBuy and govern your use of the Service and the Website superseding all prior understandings, proposals, agreements, negotiations, and discussions between the parties, whether written or oral. 

<h5> ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT  </h5>

<p>1.     You hereby acknowledge and agree that OiXBuy is not a party to sales transactions, and has no control over any element of such transactions, and shall have no liability to any party in connection with such transactions. You use the Service and the Website at your own risk.

<p>2.     You understand that OiXBuy does not have full control, and is not responsible for ads, directory information, business listings/information, messages between users, including without limitation e- mails outside OiXBuy’s e-mail system or other means of electronic communication, whether through the Website or another Third Party Website (defined below) or offerings, comments, user postings, files, images, photos, video, sounds, business listings/information and directory information or any other material made available through the Website and the Service ('Content'), and that by using the Website and the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. 

<p>3.     You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for and must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will OiXBuy be liable in any way for the Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content listed, e-mailed or otherwise made available via the Service. 

<p>4.    You acknowledge and agree that OiXBuy only pre-screen and approve Content, and that OiXBuy has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse, delete or move any Content that is or may be available through the Service, for violating these Terms or for any other reason or no reason at all. Furthermore, the Website and Content available through the Website may contain links to other third party websites (“Third Party Websites”), which are completely unrelated to OiXBuy. If you link to Third Party Websites, you may be subject to those Third Party Websites’ terms and conditions and other policies. OiXBuy makes no representation or guarantee as to the accuracy or authenticity of the information contained in any such Third Party Website, and your linking to any other websites is completely at your own risk and OiXBuy disclaims all liability thereto. 

<p>5    You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your own Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service and the consequences of posting, transmitting, linking or publishing it. More specifically, you are solely responsible for all Content that you upload, email or otherwise make available via the Service. In connection with such Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service by you, you affirm, acknowledge, represent, and warrant that: 

<p>(i) You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use such Content on the Service and Website (including without limitation all patent, trademark, trade secret, impersonation, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such Content) and authorize OiXBuy to use such Content to enable inclusion and use of the Content in the manner contemplated by the Service, the Website and these Terms; and 

<p>(ii) You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person or business in the Content to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person or business to enable inclusion and use of the Content in the manner contemplated by the Service, the Website and these Terms. 

<p>For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content; however, by suOiXBuytting the Content to OiXBuy, you hereby grant to OiXBuy an irrevocable, non-cancellable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty- free, sub-licensable, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Website and OiXBuy's (and its successors') business, including without limitation for the purpose of promoting and redistributing part or all of the Website and Content therein (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels now or hereafter known.

These rights are required by OiXBuy in order to host and display your Content. Furthermore, by you posting Content to any public area of the Service, you agree to and do hereby grant to OiXBuy all rights necessary to prohibit or allow any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Service or Website by any party for any purpose. You also hereby grant each user of the Website a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Website. The foregoing license to each user granted by you terminates once you remove or delete such Content from the Website, and other users has the right to flag your content, report you to OiXBuy. OiXBuy does not endorse any Content or any opinion, statement, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and OiXBuy expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with user Content. OiXBuy does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Website, and OiXBuy may, at its sole discretion, remove any infringing Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. OiXBuy reserves the right to remove any Content without prior notice. 
OiXBuy may also terminate a user's access to the Website, if they are determined to be a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had a user suOiXBuyssion removed from the Website more than twice. Further, at its sole discretion, OiXBuy reserves the right to decide whether any Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene, libelous, or defamatory material, or excessive length. OiXBuy may remove such Content and/or terminate a user's access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion. OiXBuy may provide a video service to you if you upload photographs for your ad. By uploading your photographs, you irrevocably consent to the use of your photographs for this service and represent and warrant that you have all right, title and interest necessary to upload and use the photographs on this service. Under this service, using a third party application or service, OiXBuy may, at its discretion, create a video of your photographs, upload the video via www.youtube.com or another third party service provider, as determined by OiXBuy at its discretion, and embed the video into your ad on OiXBuy. 

<h5> FEATURED ADS OiXBuy  </h5>
offers a service known as 'Featured Ads' where users may pay a non-refundable fee to have their ads posted in selected locations on the Website, thus potentially increasing an ads' visibility. In order to purchase a Featured Ad, you may be required to transmit certain information through a third party service provider, Click & Buy, a Third Party Website, which may be governed by its own terms of use and other policies. OiXBuy makes no representation or guarantee as to the safety or security of the information transmitted to any Third Party Website, and your linking to any Third Party Website is completely at your own risk, and OiXBuy disclaims all liability related thereto. 

Featured Ads are subject to the Terms listed herein, as well as additional terms of service, which can be viewed here CONDUCT You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content: that violates any law; that is copyrighted or patented, protected by trade secret or trademark, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission or a license from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant OiXBuy all of the license rights granted herein; that infringes any of the foregoing intellectual property rights of any party, or is Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual  or fiduciary relationships; 

Additionally, you agree not to: contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose; or to 'stalk' or otherwise harass anyone; make any libelous or defamatory comments or postings to or against anyone; collect personal data about other users or entities for commercial or unlawful purposes; use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download or scrape data from the Service, except for internet search engines (e.g,. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file; post Content that is outside the local area or not relevant to the local area, repeatedly post the same or similar Content, or otherwise impose unreasonable or disproportionately large loads on our servers and other infrastructure; post the same item or service in multiple classified categories or forums, or in multiple metropolitan areas; attempt to gain unauthorized access to computer systems owned or controlled by OiXBuy or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the Website. use any form of  automated device or computer program (sometimes referred to as 'flagging tools') that enables the use of OiXBuy's 'flagging system' or other community control systems without each flag being manually entered by a human that initiates the flag (an 'automated flagging device'), or use any such flagging tool to remove posts of competitors, other third parties or to remove posts without a reasonable good faith belief that the post being flagged violates these Terms or any applicable law or regulation. use any automated device or software that enables the suOiXBuyssion of automatic postings on OiXBuy without human intervention or authorship (an 'automated posting device'), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device in connection with bulk postings, or for automatic suOiXBuyssion of postings at certain times or intervals; or PAID POSTINGS OiXBuy may charge a fee to post Content in some areas of the Service. The fee permits certain Content to be posted in a designated area of the Website. Each party posting Content to the Service is responsible for said Content and compliance with the Terms. Any such fees paid hereunder are non-refundable in the event any Content is removed from the Service for violating these Terms POSTING AGENTS As used herein, the term 'Posting Agent' refers to a third-party agent, service, or intermediary that offers to post Content to the Service on behalf of others. OiXBuy prohibits the use of Posting Agents, directly or indirectly, without the express written permission of OiXBuy In addition, Posting Agents are not permitted to post Content on behalf of others, directly or indirectly, or otherwise access the Service to in order to post Content on behalf of others, except with express written permission or license from OiXBuy. 

<h5> ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OiXBuy</h5>
 grants you a limited, revocable, non- exclusive license to access and use the Service for personal use. This license granted herein does not include any of the following: (a) access to or use of the Service by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Service nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by OiXBuy or as otherwise set forth in these Terms.  
Notwithstanding the foregoing, general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Service, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file, may engage in the activities set forth in (b). For purposes of this exception, a 'general purpose internet search engine' does not include a website or search engine or other service that specializes in classified listings including any subset of classifieds listings such as housing, for sale, jobs, services, or personals, or which otherwise provides classified ad listing services. The license set forth in this Section permits you to display on your website, or create a hyperlink thereto, individual postings on the service so long as such use is for noncommercial and/or news reporting purposes only (e.g., for use in personal blogs or other personal online media). If the total number of such postings displayed on or linked to your website exceeds ninety nine (99) postings, your use will be considered to be in violation of these Terms, unless OiXBuy expressly grants you permission otherwise. You are also permitted to create a hyperlink to the home page of the Website so long as the link does not portray OiXBuy, its employees, affiliates or agents in a false, confusing, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. OiXBuy may offer parts of the Service in RSS format for the purpose of embedding individual RSS feeds into a personal website or blog, or view postings through third party software news aggregators. OiXBuy permits you to display, excerpt from, and link to any such RSS feeds on your personal website or personal blow, provided that (a) your use of the RSS feed is for personal, non- commercial purposes only, (b) each title within an RSS feed is correctly linked back to the original post on the Service and redirects the user to the post when the user clicks on it, (c) you provide, in a conspicuous manner, proper attribution to 'OiXBuy' as the source of the RSS feed, (d) your use or display of the RSS feed does not suggest that OiXBuy promotes or endorses any third party causes, opinions, ideas, web sites, products or services, (e) you do not redistribute the RSS feed, and (f) your use does not overburden or otherwise slow the performance of OiXBuy's systems. OiXBuy reserves all rights in and to the content of any RSS feeds provided through the Service and may terminate any RSS feed at any time without notice. Use of the Service beyond the scope of authorized access as set forth in these Terms immediately terminates any permission or license granted herein. In order to collect, aggregate, copy, duplicate, display or make derivative use of the Service or any Content made available via the Service for other purposes (including commercial purposes) not stated herein, you must first obtain a license from OiXBuy. 

<h5> NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENTS </h5>

If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any user Content or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may suOiXBuyt a feedback to contact us in a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under Terms. Further, you agree that OiXBuy shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Website or the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the  Service after any such termination. 

<h5> DISCLAIMER </h5>

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' OR 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON- INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW OiXBuy, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. 

OiXBuy MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE WEBSITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, COMMUNICATED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. 

OiXBuy DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND OiXBuy WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND/OR OTHER USERS AND/OR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN NO EVENT SHALL OiXBuy, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF OiXBuy HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROMUSE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION.

<p><span style='font-size: 11pt;'>How to Contact OiXBuy If you have questions about this Privacy Policy, please contact OiXBuy via the FEEDBACK Issues report form with 'Privacy Policy' in the subject line.
.<br>
</small></span></big></big></p>

</body>
</html>

</div>
<div class='qa-bottom-grey'>
<li> <span style='font-size: 12pt;'>see term of use <a rel='qa-bottom-grey' href='http://www.OiXBuy.com/terms.php'>term of use</a></li>
<li> <span style='font-size: 10pt;'> Free International Classifieds Buy&Sell.| Copyright ©2014 - 2014 All rights reserved. OiXBuy, Inc.</a></li>
			</div>

<style type='text/css'>
body, td, input, textarea {
    font-size: 14px;
    font-family: 'Helvetica Neue',Arial,sans-serif;
}

body {
    background: url('images/bodybg1.jpg') repeat-x scroll 0px -60px #EEE;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    text-align: center;
	padding-right: 30px;
	padding-left: 20px;
}

footer {
}
.qa-bottom-grey {
    border-color: #555;
    background-color: #888;
    padding: 5px 10px;
    height: 45px;
    color: #FFF;
}

<?php
?>

#8 2014-11-24 18:08:38

chris98
Website

You're misunderstanding the difference between client-side and server-side executed code - the client side code is made up of HTML, JavaScript & CSS (mainly). These languages make up a webpage, as I'm sure you know. It can be quite hard to get your head around at first, but these simple pages don't get executed on the server - they are sent by the server to the client, and the HTML is displayed on the client's PC.

Just as when you open an HTML document on your PC without the need for the localhost, the same principal applies on a server - it's literally just displayed. Now when a file has PHP in it, this has to be parsed by the server. So the server parses the PHP, processes it and then returns the result as HTML. The HTML is then sent as it would have been. So clearly not invoking PHP makes a webpage faster. When you use database connections, the server then not only needs to parse the PHP you've added, but it needs to connect to the database and then query it, then carries on as it would have.

This useful link explains more on client and server: Client and Server, briefly

So, now back to the original question asked:

take a look at the code if its nenorable to hackeing i mean this

Client side code can't be hacked (for reasons explained above). This is how the code is executed:

KoYhX.png

You can't be hacked through the client side, what you do is inject code through forms - and this relies on the server side code being vulnerable, exactly like the code you have above. See this code for example - save it as test.html.

<html>
 <body>

<form action="test.php" method="post">
 Name: <input type="text" name="name"><br>
 E-mail: <input type="text" name="email"><br>
 <input type="submit">
 </form>

</body>
 </html> 

Then save this as test.php (in the same folder) :

<html>
 <body>

Welcome <?php echo $_POST["name"]; ?><br>
 Your email address is: <?php echo $_POST["email"]; ?>

</body>
 </html> 

Run the code on "test.html", the first time, enter normal details as you normally would. The second time, enter the following javascript and run the code:

<script>alert('hacked')</script>

Notice anything different? This is a minor, minor version of what an attacker may do to your system. Though in fact, this is completely harmless as it only brings up a message on the screen, it clearly shows one of the many insecurities a site may contain.

This is exactly why it's so important to validate what data is sent to the server. You can't trust user input, look what you've just managed to do. Now that's just one very basic example of how to mess with something. Imagine what it's like when you're just inserting the data directly into the query (as you are above). You can view another example here. See if you can find the second problem with the example I posted above.

Anyway, back to your code in the newest post: Though it isn't vulnerable, there are a few things that are wrong with it:

• No Doctype declaration: All HTML documents should have a valid doctype declaration before the <html> tag. See this link for more.

• <o:p></o:p>

- Not even remotely sure what this does, and a quick Google search brought up nothing really. But you don't have anything between those tags, so it's not really worth having it there.

• Your CSS should be in the <head> section of your document - or for better performance, add it in a separate .css file and include it using

<link href="link/to/file.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

in the head section of your HTML file.

• More regarding the CSS, it shouldn't be inlined preferably, it should be as your main CSS block is.

• If you don't have any PHP in the file, and don't intend to have any PHP in that file, you'd be better off using a .html extension instead.

Last edited by chris98 (2014-11-24 18:18:41)

#9 2014-11-29 13:25:29

joel

thanks Chris, but can you help me design a nice index. page for oixbuy.com?

i classic simple page?

thanks

<?php
?>

#10 2014-11-29 13:27:23

chris98
Website

1 - CSS is not my speciality, I'm dreadful at it.

2 - I won't do it for you, no. I'll help you if you get stuck with something, but not do it for you.

If you want it done for you, there are plenty of HTML templates available free to download.

#11 2014-11-29 20:54:10

Sxderp

I figured I should put these two links here as I'm constantly looking back at them.

CSS Selector Reference

CSS Specificity

Board footer