Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-07 00:46:32

AracornRed
Website

Brainstorming for activity stream (latest posts) mod

I've had it in mind for some time now to create a custom view that shows the latest posts from the whole forum.  Not as a topic list but the actual posts with message body, avatars and all.  I think probably it'll wind up being a new section in search.php that uses the built-in "display search results as posts" functionality there.

First of all, no one has any such mod floating about now do they?  I didn't find anything searching.

And does anyone have any ideas or preferences as to how the mod should function?  For example, should it show only unread posts, or all posts since last login, or within a certain time frame?  Should posts from the same topic be sorted together or should it all be purely chronological?

Just wanted to throw this out there before I get cracking on it. big_smile

#2 2014-02-08 12:55:45

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Brainstorming for activity stream (latest posts) mod

I guess you would need some kind of grouping - it would just be hard to understand where posts belong and how to put them in context if you don't.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2014-04-13 11:50:08

Horvat

Re: Brainstorming for activity stream (latest posts) mod

@Franz, not necessarily, you can add topic location and/or name(Index» Modifications (1.4 / 1.5)» Brainstorming for activity stream (latest posts) mod) next to the date and time in the title of the post(2014-02-08 14:55:45)

Something like this:
Franz ..... 2014-02-08 14:55:45 .. In: .. Modifications (1.4 / 1.5)» Brainstorming for activity stream...
And add "Post Reply" or "Reply" next to the "Report" and "Quote".
In the fluxbb 2.0(html5?) you could add quick reply button that opens quick reply dialog under the specific post.

Instead of date/time you can put x.y minutes ago, ex:

Franz ..... 30d / 2h / 10m ago .. In: .. Modifications (1.4 / 1.5)» Brainstorming for activity stream...

Simple yet effective.

For me it would be quite useful because i have only few users, its private/closed style forum, and we are using it for brainstorming/project management/idea development.
I dont know how to code, maybe a bit of python, but i think this wouldnt be to hard to do.

Board footer