Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-15 21:35:27

niels

Braumeisters.net

Hi,

It is not really worth showing off, but I will post it anyways...

I'm a homebrewer and own a Speidel Braumeister. Since there is no centralised place/community for owners of this specific installation I decided to start a forum myself. (The community will be more than a forum, but this is outside the scope of FluxBB).

After some research I decided to create the forum with FluxBB. The only things I was missing were a "security question" during registration, an upload functionality and a BBCode toolbar.

The "security question" was implemented pretty quick. The upload functionality is almost finished, but I'm still working on the selection of an image to insert into the post. For the toolbar I used the FluxToolBar module.

I hired a designer but since I don't want to wait too long to launch the forum (I started in November), I decided to change the standard theme (Air) to a more hoppy palette.

So... in avant-premiere I can propose you a beta version of http://braumeisters.net.

In a few weeks the final design will be implemented. It will look something like this:
taqvpl.jpg

Cheers,
Niels

Last edited by Franz (2014-01-15 23:01:35)

Using FluxBB for Braumeisters.net

#2 2014-01-15 23:01:03

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Braumeisters.net

Welcome to FluxBB! smile

Wow, that looks really slick. I'm totally looking forward to seeing that live when it's done.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2014-01-16 07:48:18

seven
Website

It is slick and it talks about brewing: it must be the best forum ever! big_smile

gamezoo.org - serious gaming services for serious gamers.

#4 2014-01-16 11:49:54

niels

Franz wrote:

Welcome to FluxBB! smile

Wow, that looks really slick. I'm totally looking forward to seeing that live when it's done.

Thanks Franz... I will let you know when it is fully implemented. But I'm sure it is going to take a few more weeks.

seven wrote:

It is slick and it talks about brewing: it must be the best forum ever! big_smile

Well, I know some other very nicely designed brewing forums... So there is some competition wink

Niels

#5 2014-04-15 11:12:55

Erkan
Website

Looks lovely! any news yet ?

#6 2014-04-15 11:21:00

niels

Erkan wrote:

Looks lovely! any news yet ?

Yes... I moved away from FluxBB as the page structure is a pain in the butt to work with. Although I like the idea of FluxBB (core + fast bb system), the page and code structure is a mess.

Niels

#7 2014-04-15 12:12:50

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Too bad to hear that. Keep us in mind, though, you might like v2.0. smile

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer