Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-22 22:38:05

AracornRed
Website

Group permissions not taking effect until each user's next post

In the group settings page for each user group in the "User groups" admin section, under the "Promote users" fields, there is the notice that "group changes for users affected by this setting may only take effect after their next post."

Is there any way to circumvent this limitation?  An SQL query that can be manually run, for example?  It's a bit of a nuisance for my members when, for example, long-time posters suddenly can't include a URL in their post through no fault of their own (even though in the settings it's enabled).

#2 2014-01-02 16:49:30

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Group permissions not taking effect until each user's next post

Ah, that is a very good point.

I think I will add this in the next version, as I also have another usability improvement in mind for this feature.

Cheers, great idea! smile

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2014-01-16 15:28:25

AracornRed
Website

While we're on the topic, I'd just like to mention that on the admin "User Groups" page, having columns for the number of posts to promote at and the group to promote to in the "Existing Groups" table would make group administration a lot easier. smile  So for example:

Action          Group             Promote Count    Next Group
-------------   --------------    -------------    -----------
Edit | Delete   Awesome Poster    800              Super-Awesome Poster

Last edited by AracornRed (2014-01-16 15:29:49)

#4 2014-01-16 15:52:09

Franz
Lead developer
Website

I'm not sure I'd really like that. That opens up all kind of questions about ordering this list etc. (because if it wouldn't be ordered by that "Promote Count" column, it would be rather confusing).

I think a table is just not suited to display this kind of information. I'm juggling some ideas about this right now, which will be implemented in 2.0. I might experiment a bit and make it available as a plugin for 1.5. What do you think?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#5 2014-01-16 16:15:13

AracornRed
Website

I think if it were ordered:
Admin -> Moderators -> Custom groups & Default members (by post count descending) -> Guests
... it would make sense enough.

Personally I wouldn't mind having the whole shebang in one huge matrix. big_smile  It would be text-only (not editable) and would need to be set in its own div with horizontal scrolling obviously, but I'd love to have all that information readily accessible.

I'm aware that last part is mod material though.  I'd be interested in seeing anything anybody cooked up.

#6 2014-01-16 16:20:10

Franz
Lead developer
Website

If somebody wants to write an admin plugin, I'll be happy to incorporate it into core, if it's good.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

Board footer