Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-15 20:05:19

Zverik

[Mod] Map BBCode L.

Hi! I've just published a modification for enabling maps in a forum: github.com/MapBBCode/mapbb-flux (there is a mapbbcode_fluxbb.zip installation package) Users would just press a button, edit a map and insert it in a post. Official site with demonstration and guides is mapbbcode.org.

There is already a "MapBB Code Mod" in the database. This one is different: it is simpler to install, javascript libraries are newer, and they are loaded only when needed. Also it is much simpler to update when MapBBCode library is updated: you'll just need to overwrite include/mapbbcode/* files.

Since a clean FluxBB doesn't have bbcode buttons, and editing maps by hand is quite hard, instructions are included for adding a map editor button to three popular modifications: Easy BBCode, EZBBC Toolbar (it didn't work on 1.5.5, so it's untested) and FluxToolbar. It is very easy: in total you'll have 12 to 15 steps, editing 3 or 4 files.

I would be glad if someone tests the modification, or more, installs it on their public forum. I'm not sure if I should add an untested (I only tested it on localhost with FluxBB 1.4.8 and 1.5.5) mod into the database.

Last edited by Zverik (2013-12-15 20:10:08)

#2 2013-12-15 22:48:09

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: [Mod] Map BBCode L.

Awesome! Thank you for the contribution and a warm welcome. smile

Please upload the mod to our repository, once you feel confident. You can also add more releases later, in case you find any bugs...

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer