Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-18 21:32:36

ProWeb

Paid Plugin Mod Work: Update "Broadcast Email" plugin

A few years ago I had the "Broadcast Email" plugin adapted so it did a little bit more that the default  "Broadcast Email" plugin found here: http://punbb.informer.com/downloads.php

The update allows me to enter a sql query and send emails only to those that are returned by that query.   It also allows me to insert variables.  Here is the instruction text I received:

“Broadcast Email has been added, with the ability to write your own query. As long as there's a column called email in the result, it will work perfectly. In fact, I added a little bonus feature: if you want to include user information in the subject or message as a way of personalizing it, just use [macro:column_name]. So, if you send a message containing "Hello [macro:username]" and the query has a username column, each message will have the value of the username column for that row.”

I'd like to pay someone to do an update to this plugin.

Here is what I need the plugin to do:

1.       The current plugin only supports plain text, so I can’t include images or any nice formatting, so it isn’t very good for newsletters.
2.       I need to add a field into the user’s profile for them to uncheck “subscribe to newsletter” and for the script to check for everyone who is subscribed and only mail to them.  Maybe it might be easiest to just convert an existing user variable that none of my users use, like "jabber"?
3.       The sent emails need to have an “unsubscribe” link in them that automatically unchecks the "subscribe to newsletter" setting in the DB for that user when the link is clicked

I'm not sure if it's best to have people who are interested in this PM me or reply here?

Thanks much!!

#2 2013-03-19 05:33:46

cyberman
Website

Re: Paid Plugin Mod Work: Update "Broadcast Email" plugin

ProWeb wrote:

A few years ago I had the "Broadcast Email" plugin adapted so it did a little bit more that the default  "Broadcast Email" plugin found here: http://punbb.informer.com/downloads.php

Is it the same like here?

https://github.com/fluxbb/plugins/blob/ … _Email.php

#3 2013-03-19 18:30:34

ProWeb

Good question, but I'm not sure if it is the same.  The one I have is a modified version from before I converted from punbb to fluxbb.

#4 2013-03-21 00:11:39

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Yes, they should be the same version - with the GitHub version possibly having been updated for compatibility with FluxBB 1.4/1.5.

I unfortunately do not have the time to code this. Did you find somebody willing to help you? I saw you posted this at some job boards, too.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#5 2013-03-21 00:36:06

ProWeb

Thanks for the post Franz!

It turns out that yesterday an old friend who is expert at this stuff and has done some amazing plugins for punBB / fluxBB saw my post here and has offered to help!

#6 2013-03-21 02:39:16

cyberman
Website

Would you provide the final result here?

#7 2013-03-21 02:42:25

ProWeb

As long as there aren't any potential security issues with me doing so, I have no problem with that!

#8 2013-03-21 02:44:52

cyberman
Website

Thx - will waiting wink ...

Board footer