Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-03 01:19:55

perky

Mod request: Admin function by Poll outcome

Hey all,

I'm looking for a very specific mod, so specific I doubt it exists. Either way, I was wondering if you could tell me if this is possible:

I'm looking to essentially create a forum where there is no main admin. User-groups are assigned by the outcome of a poll, and can be removed by the outcome of a poll. Basically, I want to create a bureaucracy which allows for the equal division of admin functions into distinct separate user-groups, and for these user groups to be assigned based on the outcome of a poll.

All I want to know is if this is even remotely possible using FluxBB as the forum software.

Much obliged!

#2 2012-02-03 05:21:16

Smartys
Former Developer
Website

Re: Mod request: Admin function by Poll outcome

It's physically possible, but this would be entirely custom code and would requires changes to most files to update authorization checks.

#3 2012-02-03 09:16:36

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Hey,
interesting request.

Authentication adapters should be easily replaceable in FluxBB 2.0, so you'd have to wait (a while) for that.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#4 2012-02-03 12:06:11

perky

Can't wait! I've been a forum admin of a very large ProBoards forum for 5 years now, and thought this time this has been an idea I've never been able to realise.

I eagerly await the release of 2.0. smile

Board footer