Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-01-09 00:11:59

TigerAero
Website

Re: Official converter - testing

Well I'm about 20 minutes into a SMF to PHPBB3 conversion. Thinking I should be able to do the "convert x to phpbb then convert to y" trick a lot of forum software use.

Let you know how that goes.

Last edited by TigerAero (2016-01-09 00:12:21)

#52 2016-01-09 00:14:20

Gary

Convert to phpBB3 then to FluxBB?

I have not had any personal experience with converting forums unfortunately so I do ask for your patience to ensure someone can get back to you soon. Franz will definitely help out when he has a spare couple of minutes to see this.

#53 2016-01-09 00:27:30

TigerAero
Website

Gary wrote:

Convert to phpBB3 then to FluxBB?

I have not had any personal experience with converting forums unfortunately so I do ask for your patience to ensure someone can get back to you soon. Franz will definitely help out when he has a spare couple of minutes to see this.

I'd been with Fluxbb after I found out they forked from punbb. First with phpb2 then punbb then fluxbb then smf2 then fluxbb then smf2 and now thinking about going back to flux lol.

I've thought about it and I've decided to just stick with SMF2. I got a feeling this kind of situation will present itself far too much and my community can't be put on hold for an extended period of time. Thanks for your time and I wish you guys all the best.

Last edited by TigerAero (2016-01-09 00:49:42)

#54 2016-01-09 00:48:50

Gary

Ha ha, what's with all the moving around?

You should stick with FluxBB. Then you won't have to worry about converting all the time. I used to be in the same boat as you, except I'd start the entire community from scratch instead of converting and moving my content. I lost a lot of members throughout each process as you can imagine. No one likes starting over.

#55 2016-01-09 01:03:38

TigerAero
Website

Gary wrote:

Ha ha, what's with all the moving around?

You should stick with FluxBB. Then you won't have to worry about converting all the time. I used to be in the same boat as you, except I'd start the entire community from scratch instead of converting and moving my content. I lost a lot of members throughout each process as you can imagine. No one likes starting over.

I love Fluxbb's core. To be honest and frank...modifying Fluxbb was what made me decide to be a programmer after the Army (well one of the few bigger things) while I enjoyed it...nothing like this ever was what we called in the Army a "full stop" where I just can't do anything.

If any of you bigger/better developers can help me fix this I'll switch over to Fluxbb and be a happy camper. Until that time I suppose I'll stay with SMF until I can eventually just stick with Fluxbb. I left Fluxbb altogether because of an argument I had with another member here but I realize it was rash to just jump ship like that.

Eh...for whatever it's worth that's my explanation lol. smile

Last edited by TigerAero (2016-01-09 01:05:34)

#56 2016-01-09 12:49:12

Gary

That's awesome to hear! Seems like you have quite a bit of history with FluxBB then. It's great to see you back though and I wish you all the best with your project.

Someone will definitely help you out once they have taken a look at this topic.

#57 2016-01-10 14:09:01

Zero13

Hello,

just convert the vBulletin 4.2.3 to latest version of FluxBB and I find that not me now or last attachments of the messages.

Must they be in the database so that it includes them in the process?

Thanks!

Board footer