Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#51 2011-05-16 19:20:20

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Re: FluxBB Migration Tool

Because of the $last_id variable at the end of file… I can't manage to find how to remove it without causing extra error messages…  In the package's first version, that variable caused undefined variable warnings, so that's why I tried to tweak this (and ended up with a mysql error…)

edit : I can send you a sample sql backup with a lot of data by mail.

Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki (2011-05-16 19:26:38)

Alienware PC running Win7 64bits - GIMP 2.8 - XHTML/CSS (advanced) - PHP/MySQL (medium)
FluxBB Migration Tool on GitHub
My art gallery

#52 2011-05-16 19:25:51

daris
Developer

I suggest moving this code to users.php file because it also reads users table and you won't need a $ban_id in that case.

#53 2011-05-16 19:28:14

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Grilled >< I just edited to propose to send you my site SQL backup that has a lot of data, by mail…

Alienware PC running Win7 64bits - GIMP 2.8 - XHTML/CSS (advanced) - PHP/MySQL (medium)
My art gallery

#54 2011-05-16 19:37:14

daris
Developer

OK, so send me a backup smile

BTW, why the get_parent_cat function in forums.php is commented out?

#55 2011-05-16 20:03:12

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Email sent !

Regarding the get_parent_cat, I preferred to put it in a separate file (ConnectixBoards/functions.php), and I forgot to remove it

My art gallery

#56 2011-05-17 09:28:54

daris
Developer

I updated converter to work with sub forum mod. Just install before converting (you can use my patcher script for easy install of this mod). I also fixed some bbcode and undefined index errors.

#57 2011-05-18 03:32:51

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

The sctructure conversion works fine and the line spaces aren't stripped anymore. smile

But the banned users are still not converted.

And another bug : For an unknown reason, some converted messages are empty or incomplete.  It isn't the first time that this happens, as it did happen on every conversion.  And wether I escape the "!" character or not, the result is the same…

Here are screenshots of my two tables, so you can compare :
CB : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25752921/posts-cb.png
Flux : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25752921/posts-flux.png

I also had a blank page at the end of conversion : in _config.php, there was a comma after the last key in the $replace array, while there was no comma after the last key of the $pattern.  By removing the extra comma in $replace, or by adding the missing comma in $pattern, no more blank page.

EDIT : I think I found the origin of the posts conversion problem !
By using this following script (coded by myself) :

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
    <title>pre and post-conversion message diff</title>
    <style type="text/css">
        /*Change the table width value if your screen resolution is different from 1280*1024*/
        table {width: 1200px; table-layout:fixed; margin: auto; border-collapse:collapse;}
        th, td {padding: 5px; border: 1px black solid; font-size: 14px; font family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}
        th {background-color: #b0b0b0;}
        .row1 {background-color: #c6c6c6;}
        .row2 {background-color: #e6e6e6;}
        .id {width:40px !important;}
    </style>
</head>
<body>
<?php
    mysql_connect('localhost','root',''); //change login data
    mysql_select_db('fluxbb14'); //change db name

//Change the table prefixes if they're different
    $result = mysql_query("SELECT msg_id,msg_message,id,message
                            FROM cb_messages
                            LEFT JOIN fluxbb14_posts ON id=msg_id
                            ORDER BY id") or die(mysql_error());

$row = 0;
    echo '<table>
            <tr>
              <th class="id">ID</th>
              <th>Connectix Boards</th>
              <th>FluxBB</th>
            </tr>';
    while($msg = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
    {
        $row++;
        $class = ($row % 2) == 0 ? 'row2' : 'row1';
        echo '<tr>
                <td class="'.$class.' id">'.$msg['id'].'</td>
                <td class="'.$class.'">'.htmlspecialchars($msg['msg_message']).'</td>
                <td class="'.$class.'">'.htmlspecialchars($msg['message']).'</td>
              </tr>';
    }
    echo '</table>';
?>
</body>
</html>

to compare the CB messages table (before conversion) and the Flux posts table (after conversion) side-by-side, I found out that the affected messages have French-specific characters (ç, é, à, è, ù, â, ê, î, ô, û, ë, ï, ü) that aren't encoded into HTML entities in CB posts while CB uses ISO-8859-1 charset and so, any post with French text was truncated during conversion !

Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki (2011-05-18 06:56:14)

My art gallery

#58 2011-05-18 07:47:03

daris
Developer

What about now? It is slower than before, but it should convert posts to utf8.

Regarding bans, hmm, it looks like bans table is being truncated after conversion (when I add exit() in categories file for example there are some values in that table). I didn't know what deletes this table smile

edit: Eh, FluxBB deletes all bans because expire time is less that current time tongue

Are you sure that usr_punished column is ban? My English isn't good, but I think punished = warn

Last edited by daris (2011-05-18 08:30:43)

#59 2011-05-18 17:18:15

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Great !  The posts are now correctly converted !

About the punish field, there are two types : Read-only (can read but cannot post), and ban (cannot read or post).  But I wasn't sure how to store only the ones with the ban value.

Actually, the guy who coded CB speaks French as his first language (like most French-speaking Belgians) and his level of English looks like yours : decent level, but not mastering it yet.

Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki (2011-05-18 17:35:02)

My art gallery

#60 2011-05-18 18:07:51

daris
Developer

Is there any active bans in your db backup that you sent me? There are some users that have usr_punished value set but it looks that these bans expired already, can you confirm this?

#61 2011-05-18 18:24:44

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Yes, some of them have expired.  Look at the most recent users, I had more spammers during the last 6 months.

My art gallery

#62 2011-05-18 18:44:38

daris
Developer

Last ban I can find in your db expired 2011-05-12 00:23:57

#63 2011-05-18 21:41:18

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Aaaaaaaahhh ! I forgot the third part of the usr_punished string !!  Just add the third part to the second, then you get the expiry date !

Actually, that string has three components, separated by pipes :
- The type of sanction (readonly or an)
- The date when the moderator gave the sanction
- And the sanction's duration.

EDIT : With the change, it wooooorks !!

Here's the fix :

if ($ob['usr_punished'] != '')
        {
            list($type,$start,$expires) = explode('|', $ob['usr_punished']);

//Dataarray
            $todb = array(
                'username'    => $ob['usr_name'],
                'email'        => $ob['usr_email'],
                'ip'        => long2ip($ob['usr_ip']),
                'expire'    => $start + $expires,
                'message'    => 'You\'ve got a warn',
            );

// Save data
            insertdata('bans', $todb, __FILE__, __LINE__);
        }

Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki (2011-05-18 21:54:44)

My art gallery

#64 2011-05-18 21:57:49

TigerAero
Website

[Just wanted to add in the MT worked for me without a hich. smile]

#65 2011-05-19 19:44:31

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Thanks for the update ! smile

Now that I find no more bug for now, let's come to the PMs and polls, as CB has such tables.

Regarding the PMs : As you could have seen in the package, I began to adapt the phpbb2 pms converter to make it work with CB (file : messages.php.unfinished), but I have questions.

I see in the converter description that it requires the "Another Private Messaging System" if we want the PMs converted.  But…
- The Mod's latest version displays PMs as topics
- CB's PMs are displayed the old way : as separated posts, without any relation (even in the pms table) between PMs from a same discussion.

So, I'm not sure how to do it…

And regarding the polls : The "Auto Poll" mod isn't compatible with 1.4 and so…
- I don't know if it can still be used
- I don't know if "Simple Poll", "Poll Mod" or any other up-to-date mod can be used instead.

so that's why I didn't include any polls.php file in the CB converter.

My art gallery

#66 2011-05-21 08:18:32

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

BTW, if you're currently working on it, take your time.  Camping season begins today and I go to my travel trailer this afternoon and I might stay one night.  It will be like that for every WE until the summer ends.

My art gallery

#67 2011-05-21 09:13:01

daris
Developer

Sorry that I didn't reply before, I had a more important work to do smile

Ishimaru Chiaki wrote:

Regarding the PMs : As you could have seen in the package, I began to adapt the phpbb2 pms converter to make it work with CB (file : messages.php.unfinished), but I have questions.

I will try to update phpbb3 messages converter to work with Another PM Topic System and then make a CB messages converter.

Ishimaru Chiaki wrote:

And regarding the polls : The "Auto Poll" mod isn't compatible with 1.4 and so…
- I don't know if it can still be used
- I don't know if "Simple Poll", "Poll Mod" or any other up-to-date mod can be used instead.

Some time ago  I tried to update Auto poll mod (here it is). Don't know that it works with current FluxBB version and didn't tested it much.

Once I do something about CB to FluxBB messages converter I'll post a message here smile

edit: Install New Private Messaging System mod and then converter should convert messages smile

Last edited by daris (2011-05-22 13:41:56)

#68 2011-05-23 19:40:45

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

OK then I'll uninstall the other mod (fortunately, I make a backup before every mod install)

EDIT : I was sure I sent a note Saturday morning… because I totally forgot that today was Patriots Day and so, it's public holiday in Québec, so we finally rested two nights in our RV.

Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki (2011-05-23 20:57:11)

My art gallery

#69 2011-05-24 00:23:15

Luke

I'm going to be using this to convert from SMF 1.1 to FluxBB 1.4. Is there anyway to get the passwords to work?

#70 2011-05-24 06:20:10

daris
Developer

Quoting first post:

daris wrote:

Password converter mod
If this tool does not convert passwords, you can install Password converter mod (file password_converter_mod.txt included in migration tool package). It converts other forum software password to FluxBB at first login.

You can install this mod if converter does not convert passwords - they will be converted at first your login on FluxBB.

#71 2011-05-24 06:23:03

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

daris wrote:

Sorry that I didn't reply before, I had a more important work to do smile

No problem, I finally stayed two nights, as yesterday (Monday) was public holiday in Canada (Patriots Day for Quebec people, Queen's Day for the rest of Canada).

Some time ago  I tried to update Auto poll mod (here it is). Don't know that it works with current FluxBB version and didn't tested it much.

I'll test it when I'll have some time.

edit: Install New Private Messaging System mod and then converter should convert messages smile

Good choice, as its table structure is clearer than APMS'  But gosh, even if English isn't my mother tongue there is a lot of fixes to do in the English translation, I'm having trouble translating some language keys to French !

Regarding conversion, it went fine.

Now, only polls left.  Then after that last step, I will be ready to remove the commented lines, then add a readme.txt listing the needed mods.

My art gallery

#72 2011-05-24 07:18:51

daris
Developer

Ishimaru Chiaki wrote:

Good choice, as its table structure is clearer than APMS'  But gosh, even if English isn't my mother tongue there is a lot of fixes to do in the English translation, I'm having trouble translating some language keys to French !

Report it to Visman smile

Now, only polls left.  Then after that last step, I will be ready to remove the commented lines, then add a readme.txt listing the needed mods.

Which mod do you want to use? AutoPoll or any other form fluxbb repository?

#73 2011-05-24 18:39:59

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

I compared the three mods, and Auto Poll seems closer to CB's poll system as it gives the possibility to send a null vote like CB's poll system does.  I will test it tonight.

My art gallery

#74 2011-05-31 15:17:47

ajz

Hello!

I am pretty noob at this but I got a question. Is it possible to convert from bbpress to SMF and after that convert to FluxBB?

I'm running bbpress atm and I need to convert my stuff to fluxbb since it is totally awesome! smile

#75 2011-05-31 16:35:59

Franz
Lead developer
Website

If you have a converter from bbPress to SMF, that should be possible (even though two migrations increase the risk of failure).

Never forget your backups, of course. wink

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer