Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-02-18 20:21:44

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: FluxBB Migration Tool

No, with the "official" converter I plan to work on. wink

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#27 2011-02-26 23:10:13

sianariman
FluxBB Donor
Website

Now other problems is fixed, still has a problem like that

[url=http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/index_ku.php?lang=ku:kgtmwbw9]Link [/url:kgtmwbw9]

Demo:
http://chawg.org/fluxbb/viewtopic.php?id=931

#28 2011-03-19 22:46:00

najjie

I just ran this trying to convert a phpbb3 forum and everything seemed to work fine, members and posts were copied into fluxbb database. Members are showing up in the forum.
But: threads and posts are not showing up in the forum even though they are in the database.

Feels like I'm missing something simple, any ideas?

#29 2011-03-20 12:56:38

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Hard to tell, maybe some relationships are broken. Can you drop me an email?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#30 2011-03-21 03:15:55

brough

daris wrote:

FluxBB Migration Tool
6. If your forum isn't located at the same forum as FluxBB, choose "Different host/user".

That should probably read "on the same domain as ..." or "at the same url as..."

I have downloaded the zip for phpbb3 but it was lacking some files. This is the url for the zip:
http://trac6.assembla.com/fluxbb-pl/cha … format=zip
It contains a dozen files, none of which are index.php etc. I copied what appeared to be the correct files from here:
http://trac6.assembla.com/fluxbb-pl/bro … converters
but the result was not what I expected.

Am I missing something, or is there a problem with the zip file?

Thanks in advance.

#31 2011-03-21 10:35:07

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Hey,

the latter one is the correct link. At the bottom of that page you have a link "Download as Zip Archive". That should give you the correct zip files.

You will first have two nested directories only. Just click through them and you will find what you're looking for.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

#32 2011-03-21 10:36:33

najjie

brough, the zip you linked to was the right one. Maybe there was some temporary hick up..

Anyway, I worked out my problem. The fluxbb/phpbb terminology is a bit confusing, let's see if I can explain it right:
The categories from phpbb ended up in the flux categories table but should be in the the forums table. Categories is like a group for categories. Like FluxBB, 1.4 Support... on this forum.
I just deleted the categiories and made one called forum. Then I added the phpbb categories in forums table. I just found the latest post in my phpbb forum and then in the flux topics table, there I found forum id, last post, last poster and number of threds/post shows in the old forum. Category id the the category from that table.

So categories are called forums and categories in flux is just for grouping categories (or forums).

Once I got it it was easy to change and I love the simple structure but guess this is a bug report.

Off topic, does anyone know how to understand the date format? I would like to add some old posts manually.

Last edited by najjie (2011-03-21 10:38:00)

#33 2011-03-21 10:41:24

Franz
Lead developer
Website

najjie wrote:

Off topic, does anyone know how to understand the date format? I would like to add some old posts manually.

Dates are stored in so-called UNIX timestamps. The number stands for the number of seconds passed since January 1, 1970. To calculate such timestamps for a given date, you can use something like this tool: http://elmar-eigner.de/timestamp_calculator.html

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

#34 2011-03-21 10:46:54

najjie

Thats about the funniest way to calculate time I've heard of!
Thanks

#35 2011-03-21 10:53:38

Franz
Lead developer
Website

It's quite useful.

Especially when it comes to calculating things like time differences. And it's especially useful for displaying the date in whatever format you want using some functions that languages like PHP provide.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

#36 2011-03-21 12:25:57

brough

najjie wrote:

brough, the zip you linked to was the right one. Maybe there was some temporary hick up..

Good call - the zip was somehow corrupted and was only 10k instead of @100k. Thanks.

#37 2011-05-02 16:42:50

daris
Developer

sianariman wrote:

Now other problems is fixed, still has a problem like that

[url=http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/index_ku.php?lang=ku:kgtmwbw9]Link [/url:kgtmwbw9]

Demo:
http://chawg.org/fluxbb/viewtopic.php?id=931

Should be fixed now.

#38 2011-05-05 00:16:38

Burnouts

Hi

I'm trying to use this tool to convert a phpbb3 (v3.0.5) forum to FluxBB (v1.4.5) but I'm having problems. It seems to detect everything but not put it into FluxBB..

Here is a screenshot 75378-55201130943am.png

edit: It seems to delete all user accounts on the Fluxbb forum? It was a clean install with one user, eg admin?

Last edited by Burnouts (2011-05-05 00:47:59)

#39 2011-05-05 12:40:16

daris
Developer

It works for me for a clean install of phpbb 3.0.8. Can you send me (by email) an export of phpbb users table?

#40 2011-05-06 12:30:42

Burnouts

I didn't delete the FluxBB db before running the converter, deleted it and it worked. Another problem I've found that all of the BBCode is broken.

Eg Links and some quotes.

Last edited by Burnouts (2011-05-06 12:42:41)

#41 2011-05-06 15:12:18

daris
Developer

When did you download this converter? After I wrote this or before? tongue

#42 2011-05-14 05:31:51

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Hello, I'm new here, but not very new in forum platforms.

A lil' bit about myself : Caroline, age 27, from Québec (yeah, the French part of Canada).  I can consider myself as a geek girl.  I use Gimp for graphic design since March 2006 (gosh, five years already !), I code XHTML and CSS since November 2006, and PHP/MySQL since November 2007, and I'm a Ubuntu user since May 2008. I made styles for various platforms (Forumotion, phpBB2, phpBB3, CB, PunBB 1.3, WordPress)

My first forum was a forumotion in old times when this free forum provider was available only in French.  Then I started to learn to use Gimp and then, to make board styles.  Then I made my own website (HTML and CSS manually coded) and a forum using Forumotion services at the end of 2006.  Then when I left Forumotion team on Oct 2007, I decided to move my site to a FTP host where I installed a phpBB2 forum, but I had to sacrifice my database for this.  Then a few months later, as phpBB2 was quite old and I had trouble with phpBB3 permission system, I moved to an opensource Belgian board script (connectix boards) that seemed to have a nice future and for which I had a heartbeat.

Three years later, the situation is completely different, as CB's main weak point was the fact that it is developed by only one guy… and he got a job soon after he finished his studies and he got married.  So, he can hardly have time for development, so the development technically paralyzed.  And the most worrying thing for me is the fact that it doesen't support IPv6 at all, because of the use of ip2long() and long2ip() functions and so, I had to code a hack in order to access the board index when I have to test on my local installation, because otherwise, I get a general error message.  I don't have time and energy to start a fork of it.

So here I come with my project : As I tested FluxBB 1.4 and found it perfect as an alternative for my board, I started to work on a converter using this migration tool.  I'm almost finished, but I encountered an issue in the users files :

While in phpBB and other boards that have a group table, there is an Anonymous group, CB doesn't have any.  Here's how my CB groups table looks :
cb_groups.png

So I'm not sure how to manage this so I can have an Anonymous group after conversion.

Here's the piece of code :

// Group id

$group_result = $fdb->query('SELECT usr_class FROM '.$_SESSION['php'].'users WHERE user_id='.$ob['user_id'].' AND group_id!=3') or myerror('Unable to fetch last user id', __FILE__, __LINE__, $fdb->error());

if ($fdb->num_rows($group_result))

list($group_id) = $fdb->fetch_row($group_result);

else

$group_id = 3;

//a corriger pour le group guest

// Convert cb group id to fluxbb group id

if ($group_id == 1) // guest

$group_id = PUN_ADMIN;

elseif ($group_id == 2) // admin

$group_id = PUN_MOD;

elseif ($group_id == 3 || $group_id == 4) // user

$group_id = PUN_MEMBERS;

/*        else

++$group_id;

*/            

/*        if ($group_id > $group_count) // something went wrong

$group_id = PUN_MEMBER; // set as user

*/

If you want to test with a CB installation, I can prepare a patched and translated package (it's GPL-licensed), as the original package contains only the French files, and doesn't have my hack for IPv6.

Thanks in advance.

Ishimaru

Alienware PC running Win7 64bits - GIMP 2.8 - XHTML/CSS (advanced) - PHP/MySQL (medium)
FluxBB Migration Tool on GitHub
My art gallery

#43 2011-05-14 08:54:20

daris
Developer

If you want to test with a CB installation, I can prepare a patched and translated package (it's GPL-licensed), as the original package contains only the French files, and doesn't have my hack for IPv6.

I want ... smile

Is there possible to set in CB guest posting? Is there a Guest group in CB? I didn't check how CB recognizes guest user, but maybe you simply need to add another sql query at start of groups.php file that will add default fluxbb Guest group (ID: 3)

#44 2011-05-15 03:13:30

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

There is no Guest group.
Here's CB's official website address : http://www.connectix-boards.org
The website is only in French, and the install utility is also in French, that's why I proposed to prepare a custom package that's in English instead of French and that has my IPv6 handling hack.

[EDIT] Package ready : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25752921/Connec … atched.zip

Differences between original package and my package :
- Added English language pack in /lang/ directory
- Replaced the original install.php and install/installsteps.php by an English translation of them (I renamed the French one by adding .french after the extension)
- Added the IPv6 handling hack for local testing (I renamed the old files by adding .old after the extension)

So everything should be fine, even on a PHP 5.3 environment (like on my localhost).  All you need is to do a chmod 777 to the /data/ directory, as it is where the settings.php file will be generated.

[EDIT2] My converter, not totally finished : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25752921/Connec … FluxBB.zip
For now you'll see much commented code.  I'll remove them only once the converter ready.

Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki (2011-05-15 04:02:31)

Alienware PC running Win7 64bits - GIMP 2.8 - XHTML/CSS (advanced) - PHP/MySQL (medium)
My art gallery

#45 2011-05-15 09:07:16

daris
Developer

Converter added, http://trac6.assembla.com/fluxbb-pl/bro … converters

Fixed guest group converting and some other things like last posting. Try it and report any other issues tongue

#46 2011-05-15 21:46:06

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

OK, thanks a lot !  I'll test it on one of my backups as soon as I have some time.

By the way, CB also has polls and PMs features, but I decided to not keep the PMs and polls that are stored on my website.  Regarding the PMs, even if the APMS mod is up-to-date for 1.4, I'm not sure how to convert them, as CB doesn't use the topic-like display, so that's why I left it unfinished.  And regarding the polls, the AutoPoll mod isn't up-to-date for 1.4 and I don't know if another poll mod can be used instead, so that's why I didn't add it.

Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki (2011-05-15 21:51:17)

My art gallery

#47 2011-05-16 05:09:33

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

Hello, I'm back with an updated package, and some issues encountered while testing with one of my backup.

Firt of all, I fixed a lot of bugs :
- Forum last post was marked as guest post, due to mistyped indexes
- Some BBCodes weren't converted properly, due to errors in regex
- All BBCodes are now converted.  Flash videos are converted into links, and unsupported formatting tags are stripped.
- Smilies are now converted into their smiley code
- Registration IP and other convertible fields weren't converted
- Subforums weren't assigned to its parent's parent category.  A recursive fonction fixes this bug.
- Fixed numerous mistyped variables and array indexes that caused warning messages.

Now, there are two bugs that I couldn't fix :
- Bans aren't converted. In CB, the banned IPs are stored in cb_banned and have no ban ID, whilst the user bans are stored within the users table.  So, I have to search in two tables, and I have to assign IDs, but I cannot find out how…
- After conversion, the line spaces are stripped, so all double line-breaks turn into single line-breaks, making posts look like big blocks of text.  I tried with a \n, but no success,  So I don't know if it's possible to keep those spaces…

Here is the updated package : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25752921/Connec … _beta2.zip

Last edited by Ishimaru Chiaki (2011-05-16 05:11:42)

My art gallery

#48 2011-05-16 10:01:21

daris
Developer

According to package you attached there are only 2 small differences comparing to my svn repository. Are you sure, you uploaded right package?

edit:

- Bans aren't converted. In CB, the banned IPs are stored in cb_banned and have no ban ID, whilst the user bans are stored within the users table.  So, I have to search in two tables, and I have to assign IDs, but I cannot find out how…

What about moving bans converting to users.php file?

edit2:

- After conversion, the line spaces are stripped, so all double line-breaks turn into single line-breaks, making posts look like big blocks of text.  I tried with a \n, but no success,  So I don't know if it's possible to keep those spaces…

Should be fixed now (stripping \n first and replacing <br /> with \n), download converter again and update files.

Last edited by daris (2011-05-16 11:46:35)

#49 2011-05-16 18:29:07

Ishimaru Chiaki
Website

daris wrote:

According to package you attached there are only 2 small differences comparing to my svn repository. Are you sure, you uploaded right package?

I was sure I uploaded the right package… To be sure, I reupped the archive : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25752921/Connec … -fixed.zip

I also made a hdiff, so you'll see the changes : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25752921/hdiff- … beta2.html

edit:

What about moving bans converting to users.php file?

I didn't think about it, but it won't solve the problem of having no ban ID in CB's ban table.

edit2:

Should be fixed now (stripping \n first and replacing <br /> with \n), download converter again and update files.

OK, I will test… once that error message during ban conversion is gone.

My art gallery

#50 2011-05-16 18:35:00

daris
Developer

Ishimaru Chiaki wrote:

I didn't think about it, but it won't solve the problem of having no ban ID in CB's ban table.

Why do you need this id for? It is a auto increment db column and when you don't specify ID in query, it will be assigned automatically.

Last edited by daris (2011-05-16 18:37:36)

Board footer