Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-08-09 14:27:46

Gary

Re: FluxBB with certain mods shipped installed

Ah ok, didn't know that. Thanks Jamie. Looks like FluxBB and any modifications should always be updated then, considering the community continue updating.

#27 2010-08-09 15:05:28

zaher
Website

When the core team make MODs, the core code has to be easier, even if their MODs not completed.

#28 2010-08-10 01:09:30

hcgtv
Website

Franz wrote:

There's a whole discussion on the anti spam in core topic.

Had I read that thread, which I just did, I wouldn't of made the original post on this thread.

I understand all the arguments, but other forums have measures shipped with core, and they are quite effective. Maybe Pun/Flux has been getting targeted because there is no default protection, while other forums ship with something that the admin can turn on. In other words, it's a free for all.

I'm not going to name a competitor, but I admin a forum for another project, it ships with anti-bot and ant-spam as a module. When I installed said forum, 2 and 1/2 years ago, I enabled the module. There is next to nothing as far as bots signing up, and I got my first admin email the other day notifying me of a spam message by a concerned user.

Measures may work or not, but what really works is that sign in the front of the house proclaiming that a security alarm is in place, even if it's bullshit.

#29 2010-08-11 13:56:54

Gary

hcgtv wrote:

Measures may work or not, but what really works is that sign in the front of the house proclaiming that a security alarm is in place, even if it's bullshit.

One of the best little sentences I've seen in a while. It is something that I think FluxBB should take aboard soon for the benefit of their clients and audience. Who knows, you may end up being just as safe as one of the paid forum softwares. tongue

Board footer