Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-08-03 09:18:14

Reines
Administrator
Website

Re: Only admins should be able to run the upgrade script

Alright sounds like the best approach then is requiring an administrators username/password, and storing a lock file in the cache folder. I'll look into implementing it soon.

Franz wrote:
Mpok wrote:

In 1.4, we have to upload it, cos EVERY update NEED a 'db_update'... Even if the database is not modified at all..

Simply not true.

Actually it is, kinda. The db_update script is still needed to update the o_current_version field in the database. It isn't really relevant though since that's basically all it does it takes no time at all to run and isn't dangerous if ran by someone else.

#27 2010-08-03 10:02:38

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Whoops, you're right, sorry. And it's the only step being executed, right?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#28 2010-08-26 02:12:58

fg123

I guess I should post this here instead of the Ticket:

Franz wrote:

Oh yes, there is. I suggest you read the following forum topic where this has been discussed at length: http://fluxbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4476

But when I checked, no alert for me to run the script came up, and when I clicked "Check for updates, it said there was an update."

Never give up.....................Unless you really have to.

#29 2010-08-26 02:18:52

Smartys
Former Developer
Website

You need to update to a new version before the upgrade script will work to update your database, it doesn't do a complete system update for you.

#30 2010-10-10 09:30:47

`P R O D I G Y™

How about a url sent to the webmaster email which will link back and allow access to upgrade?

#31 2010-10-15 12:32:17

NuLL

You could add a line to the update script forcing a user to add a password. That password would then be required to access the page.

You could also add another value to config with the password.

It really depends how much you expect the forum owners to be able to accomplish on their own. I can't see a problem with people following the first option.

Board footer