Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-01-18 05:07:34

Meow
Website

Re: New styles for FluxBB-1.4 - A competition

Scripter wrote:

What if the winner decides that he/she does not want to take the money or he/she cannot take the money because they don't have paypal? Is it possible to refuse the money and would the winner get something else in return?

It is free to have a PayPal account.

#27 2010-01-18 07:04:03

Scripter
Website

lie2815 wrote:

What exactly do you mean? I couldn't think of anything else right now... wink

I'm not too sure myself, I was just throwing it out there.

Meow wrote:
Scripter wrote:

What if the winner decides that he/she does not want to take the money or he/she cannot take the money because they don't have paypal? Is it possible to refuse the money and would the winner get something else in return?

I know it's free.

Choose a career you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life.

#28 2010-01-18 08:29:08

jojaba
Website

As I looked to the changeset in Track, I saw that some improvement have been added concerning the style. I would suggest to the competitor to wait before beginning with there work wink

Localize Mozilla extensions on BabelZilla

#29 2010-01-18 12:11:11

Franz
Lead developer
Website

@jojaba: Not quite. The relevant changes are listed in the first post of this topic. They can just check back here or in Trac regularly (although there shouldn't be too many changes from now on).

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#30 2010-01-18 16:06:36

jihad

Hi everyone

I am new at FluxBB , and I might enter this competition but I want to know if I can use images on my css.

#31 2010-01-18 16:08:32

Reines
Administrator
Website

jihad wrote:

Hi everyone

I am new at FluxBB , and I might enter this competition but I want to know if I can use images on my css.

Sure you can use images, just don't go over the top using lots of large unoptimized images.

#32 2010-01-18 17:08:04

jojaba
Website

jihad wrote:

Hi everyone

Hello.
I suggest you to put your images in the "myskin/images/" (where "myskin" is your css file name) folder in "style" folder.

Regarding the discussion on this topic, let's give you a summary (that has to be confirmed by the developper wink ) :
Your css file has to be named Myskin.css (where "Myskin" is the name of your main css file).
Here's the tree :

• /style/

• Myskin.css

• /Myskin/

• admin.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• help.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• main.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• redirect.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• maintenance.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• base_admin.css (if you want to modify the default style of administration files)

• /images/

• image1.jpg

• image2.png

I think this would be the best way to handle it wink

Last edited by jojaba (2010-01-18 17:45:06)

#33 2010-01-18 19:18:58

Scripter
Website

jojaba wrote:
jihad wrote:

Hi everyone

Hello.
I suggest you to put your images in the "myskin/images/" (where "myskin" is your css file name) folder in "style" folder.

Regarding the discussion on this topic, let's give you a summary (that has to be confirmed by the developper wink ) :
Your css file has to be named Myskin.css (where "Myskin" is the name of your main css file).
Here's the tree :

• /style/

• Myskin.css

• /Myskin/

• admin.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• help.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• main.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• redirect.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• maintenance.tpl (if you want to modify the default template located in /include/template/)

• base_admin.css (if you want to modify the default style of administration files)

• /images/

• image1.jpg

• image2.png

I think this would be the best way to handle it wink

No offense, but I don't see a point in changing the .tpl  files. Someone would have a greater chance of "messing" up the validation process. This is a style competition, almost everything, if not everything can be done through the .css files. Lets not forget they want it to be lightweight and friendly, this means there is no need to put all this JavaScript and flash stuff. I do agree with you though that the folder containing images should be located in the style folder.

#34 2010-01-18 19:56:35

jojaba
Website

Scripter wrote:

No offense, but I don't see a point in changing the .tpl  files. Someone would have a greater chance of "messing" up the validation process.

There's no obligation to change the template but the competitors must know that it is possible... Sometimes it could be usefull to change a little the templates (not with Javascripts or other Flash objects but by moving, replacing or even adding parts in the pages...) while creating a new style wink

#35 2010-01-18 20:08:58

Scripter
Website

jojaba wrote:
Scripter wrote:

No offense, but I don't see a point in changing the .tpl  files. Someone would have a greater chance of "messing" up the validation process.

There's no obligation to change the template but the competitors must know that it is possible... Sometimes it could be usefull to change a little the templates (not with Javascripts or other Flash objects but by moving, replacing or even adding parts in the pages...) while creating a new style wink

I still don't see the point of touching the template.

#36 2010-01-18 20:18:54

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Well, the simplest example is having the status bar with "logged in as XXX" etc. at the very top of the screen - changing and moving things around. Also, I think there are some cases where you might want to add another <div> - what comes to mind here is a footer bar that's always aligned at the bottom of the screen. Also, this is a must-have feature for custom themes, for example when integrating them into the site or just adding an extra image etc. (no need to edit the default template).

And if we wait a little, I'm sure Paul can explain better... wink

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#37 2010-01-18 22:43:00

Scripter
Website

lie2815 wrote:

Well, the simplest example is having the status bar with "logged in as XXX" etc. at the very top of the screen - changing and moving things around. Also, I think there are some cases where you might want to add another <div> - what comes to mind here is a footer bar that's always aligned at the bottom of the screen. Also, this is a must-have feature for custom themes, for example when integrating them into the site or just adding an extra image etc. (no need to edit the default template).

And if we wait a little, I'm sure Paul can explain better... wink

I understand now lol. Didn't see the point of it because my vision of it is how is right now just with "fresher" colors and so on...

#38 2010-01-18 22:48:43

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Good point, though. That's exactly what we're trying to encourage: having diverse styles that are different from the standard not only in colors...

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

#39 2010-01-19 04:03:12

Lirodon

FEbrn.png

This is what I'm currently working on so far, its not done yet, but it's looking hot.

#40 2010-01-19 11:14:45

Reines
Administrator
Website

Looking good smile

#41 2010-01-19 19:53:22

artoodetoo

Meow wrote:

For some countries PayPal works in one direction smile

I'm not a fan of FluxBB way anymore.

#42 2010-01-19 21:11:28

Scripter
Website

Lirodon wrote:

FEbrn.png

This is what I'm currently working on so far, its not done yet, but it's looking hot.

Looks hot but I find post icons a bit too big tongue

#43 2010-01-19 22:00:13

Lirodon

Scripter wrote:
Lirodon wrote:

FEbrn.png

I'm fixing that. Heck I might just change them to glyphs.

#44 2010-01-19 23:47:09

Scripter
Website

Lirodon wrote:
Scripter wrote:
Lirodon wrote:

FEbrn.png

I'm fixing that. Heck I might just change them to glyphs.

It's your style, your entitled to do what you want smile

#45 2010-01-19 23:53:49

Paul
Developer

That would be my suggestion.  The only reason for the css icons is because the style was written to be graphics free.  If your style uses graphics you might as well go the whole hog and have graphic icons to match.

The only thing worse than finding a bug is knowing I created it in the first place.

#46 2010-01-21 03:30:25

Lirodon

I already got a request for a CSS class addition, if the Closed highlight in the topics list gets its own CSS class, why not moved?

And also, another preview

Omgjn.png

I'm still having issues with the new bigger post buttons I rigged up, but if any of these and other quirks can be adjusted in the "tweaks" you may make, that's fine with me

#47 2010-01-21 09:07:15

Reines
Administrator
Website

Lirodon wrote:

I already got a request for a CSS class addition, if the Closed highlight in the topics list gets its own CSS class, why not moved?

I've added that and made things a bit more consistent, see the list of changes in the main topic smile

#48 2010-01-30 15:35:25

orkneywd
Website

I'll need to update to the latest Trac version before submitting but thought I'd post up my work-in-progress entry smile Trying not to deviate too far from the original Oxygen skin, though this will be easy to change colours as it uses so few:

Homepage:

fluxbbhomepage.png

Forum:

fluxbbviewforum.png

I'll work on it some more tonight and may have a few class requests though think most I needed have already been added to trac.

#49 2010-01-30 15:36:24

Reines
Administrator
Website

Looking good smile

#50 2010-01-31 15:00:01

Luca

back to question about IE6 Google Phasing Out Support For IE6 in 2010

Board footer