Ticket #737 (fixed bug)
Unable to change profile info of unverified users
- Created: 2012-09-03 06:39:46
- Reported by: barbuslex
- Assigned to: quy
- Milestone: 1.5.1
- Component: code
- Priority: normal
It's unable to change email address for not verified members by an administrator.
Bug discover's in profile.php
// Fetch the user group of the user we are editing
$result = $db->query('SELECT u.username, u.group_id, g.g_moderator FROM '.$db->prefix.'users AS u INNER JOIN '.$db->prefix.'groups AS g ON (g.g_id=u.group_id) WHERE u.id='.$id) or error('Unable to fetch user info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
message($lang_common['Bad request'], false, '404 Not Found');
INNER JOIN is the problem.
In fact, the system searches in the database member with the group # 0 and # 0 no group exists in database then an error is triggered and can not change the email address.
barbuslex 2012-09-03 06:42:27
For solve temporary the bug i change INNER JOIN by LEFT JOIN but i think that isn't a good solution...
barbuslex 2012-09-03 06:46:41
- Description changed. (Diff)
- Summary changed from Unable to change email address not verified members to Unable to change email address for not verified members.
Franz 2012-09-03 10:56:05
- Component set to code.
- Milestone set to 1.5.1.
- Priority changed from high to normal.
- Owner set to quy.
- Status changed from open to fixed.
- Summary changed from Unable to change email address for not verified members to Unable to change profile info of unverified users.
Franz 2012-09-25 09:17:12
Hmm, I wonder why that should be possible at all!?
After all, the user is unverified, which means he hasn't yet confirmed his email address...
Maybe the user wants to be verified under a different email address or the email address was entered incorrectly.
barbuslex 2012-09-26 09:08:51
Yes I had a request from a user in which he asked me to change his email address because it has been hack.
This is how I found the bug.