Ticket #498 (fixed task)
Convert files to new translation system
- Created: 2011-09-21 22:17:54
- Reported by: Franz
- Assigned to: Franz
- Milestone: 2.0-alpha1
- Component: localization
- Priority: normal
The new translation system is basically done, we now need to convert all the files to the new system.
This includes changing variables like $lang_misc to loading the "misc" language file and then replacing all the variables with a call of $lang->t() (hint: regular expressions do help).
A quick search shows me language strings in these files:
Very importantly, the language files also need to be converted to Gettext files. For now, we will store both the po and the mo files in the language directory, until we find a proper solution.
For generating the mo files, I recommend Poedit.
Franz 2011-10-10 13:01:20
- Description changed. (Diff)
- Status changed from open to fixed.
And with that, I'm done. I hope I didn't make too many mistakes and the language files got converted properly. This will certainly be fun.