Ticket #108 (fixed enhancement)
BBcode tag for inline code
- Created: 2010-08-25 19:29:33
- Reported by: Dirk
- Assigned to: Studio384
- Milestone: 1.6
- Component: parser
- Priority: normal
Could you add a BBcode tag for creating inline code in forum posts?
This doesn't have to be done by messing around with the code tag and checking if there are words around it. I guess the easiest way to add this functionality would be adding a new BBcode tag element and replacing it with <tt> on parsing.
See discussion in the forums on that topic.
Franz 2010-08-25 19:48:01
- Description changed. (Diff)
- Milestone set to 1.4.3.
- Summary changed from inline code BBcode tag to BBcode tag for inline code.
Paul mentioned we should rather use the <code> tag.
ridgerunner 2010-08-29 01:17:59
I'll take this one on. But please note that the solution will be a rather large (but tasty) red pill.
Franz 2010-09-05 11:29:35
- Owner set to ridgerunner.
Reines 2010-10-20 14:16:23
I'm tempted to add this to the existing parser (maybe a [mono] tag?) just for the meantime until the new parser is completed...
Also, whether or not we should include the new parser in 1.4 or wait for 2.0 is another question that we'll need to consider at some point.
Franz 2010-10-20 14:27:14
Depends on whether it is close to being finished or not, I would say. I'd favor releasing 1.4.3 rather quickly, though, and then hold off 1.4 for a while (unless there are more urgent things).
Reines 2010-10-27 13:19:39
- Milestone changed from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4.
Franz 2010-12-06 21:59:55
- Type changed from enhancement to task.
Reines 2011-01-26 11:20:30
- Milestone changed from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5.
Reines 2011-01-30 22:02:16
- Type changed from task to enhancement.
Reines 2011-02-10 09:47:01
- Milestone changed from 1.4.5 to 2.0-beta1.
Reines 2011-02-25 00:50:42
- Milestone changed from 2.0-beta1 to 2.0-alpha3.
Franz 2015-06-26 09:51:46
- Milestone changed from 2.0-alpha3 to 1.6.
- Owner ridgerunner removed.
Studio384 2015-12-27 20:29:24
- Owner set to Studio384.
So what would the tag for inline code be? There does not appear to be a de facto standard for this in BBCode? We could use [mono] or [c] (as in short for 'code').
Studio384 2015-12-27 23:42:16
Over at phpBB they seem to recommend c.
Franz 2015-12-28 13:37:31
tt is another option
Studio384 2015-12-28 13:55:56
Well, in HTML, the tt-tag is no longer part of the standard and was actually ment for keyboard input, and not code.
Franz 2016-01-29 20:36:04
- Status changed from open to fixed.