Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-03-09 00:11:01

kostasz

Re: FluxBB 1.5.8 released

You made great job! 'Installing' reCAPTCHA was a trivial thing. It's funny this forum doesn't use it in the first place. I myself just have registered and there was no antibot confirmation How do you handle spam registration? Ever since I installed v. 1.5.7 I have 2-3 fake accounts being registered daily. I hope reCAPTCHA will change that. Anyway, the software you make is remarkable and you have my gratitude for that!

#27 2015-03-09 10:12:36

Franz
Lead developer
Website

We use a custom mod using the StopForumSpam.com API - very useful for stopping human spammers.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#28 2015-03-09 16:18:05

chris98
Website

Franz wrote:

We use a custom mod using the StopForumSpam.com API - very useful for stopping human spammers.

I wondered how you managed to submit 1426855 entries.

How does it work (if you don't mind me asking that is), do you just check if the user is already in the SFS database?

Download Panther - The dawn of a new age in forum software.
Why should I use Panther? | Panther demo | Convert to Panther

#29 2015-03-09 16:22:47

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Yeah, we do that for blocking registrations. Every spammer that gets through is reported to SFS before we delete them.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#30 2015-03-09 16:44:48

Error
Website

Franz wrote:

Yeah, we do that for blocking registrations. Every spammer that gets through is reported to SFS before we delete them.

Best way to deal with spammers, I also do the same thing.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.

#31 2015-03-11 16:36:56

muli

I've used it without the Captcha-Solution... it just takes a few hours & days, then it starts with bots and spam and empty member-registrations.

With the "new"  reCAPTCHA system from Google it decreases now to: 0, zero, nothing since two weeks.

So, since the plugin, I haven't a single bot or spam - it works. And I think, it's a good idea, to use security-stuff still as plugins. Because you can also use Fluxbb intern in an company or similar, where you don't need it or also behind a htaccess wall for closed communities or developer-groups, projects and so on... wink

I'll hope, that version 2 (if it ever will be release) doesn't include too much new & more features, because most projects have this kind of "oh, we need more of them, so we can be a competitor, better user-experience, more built-in-features... yeah, party...  and a few month or years later: too much features, too much problems, to difficult, to heavy, users gone". Today its only important to have a responsive layout and the rest: minimal, quick, not to load to much stuff (most projects explode cause of tons of JS-Code-Snippets, mostly useless or unnecessary stuff)

I think, there should be a "starterkit" as download for beginners with the basic board and two, three plugins for e.g. anti-spam, upload, editor, whatever... but it should be still useable without them. And a raw version with the naked board itself. The "plug and play" system is better, than a heavy monster of code with everything inside. And yes, somebody, who install a discussion board, should take care of it. If you drive a car, then you also need a license and: exam for it (europe) and qualifications. smile

*sorry for my bad english*

Last edited by muli (2015-03-11 16:38:22)

*poor english, sorry for mistakes*

#32 2015-03-12 11:28:19

Olaturbo

Hello .

For the past 12 days i have been struggling to make my post update in the forum also trying to write Private messages to Vendors and members.Yet i dont have an access to the message.This is this copy of what I actually seen whenever i made a post or P.m can you help me to validate my account for forum posting

Info

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the FluxBB documentation.

#33 2015-03-12 11:56:16

chris98
Website

Private messages are a plugin, please try to download the plugin again, replace the files and see if the issue persists.

Also make sure that your browser is not distorting the HTTP_REFERRER value.

Please keep discussion related to your issue in this topic, that way it keeps discussion all in one place.

Last edited by chris98 (2015-03-12 11:57:29)

Download Panther - The dawn of a new age in forum software.
Why should I use Panther? | Panther demo | Convert to Panther

#34 2015-03-20 20:37:23

kostasz

muli wrote:

I've used it without the Captcha-Solution... it just takes a few hours & days, then it starts with bots and spam and empty member-registrations.

With the "new"  reCAPTCHA system from Google it decreases now to: 0, zero, nothing since two weeks.

So, since the plugin, I haven't a single bot or spam - it works.

kostasz wrote:

Ever since I installed v. 1.5.7 I have 2-3 fake accounts being registered daily. I hope reCAPTCHA will change that.

11 days after my upgrade I can confirm: not a single spam-registration. Before - few/week.

Thank you again!

#35 2015-07-30 19:50:49

tikilou

Hi ! Thanks for this release ! smile

I have a problem with New reCAPTCHA 1.1, when i'm active this mod with keys, users can't register.

They have error "Please prove that you are human." sad

#36 2015-07-30 20:39:21

GWR

I also often have trouble with recaptcha  ... think it depends on eg. "how fast" you click on the "I am a human"-checkbox. Or how often you use the captchas per "timeframe" (eg. downloading many things from OCH).

If you want to use a simpler captcha-addon you might try mine:
https://github.com/GWRon/fluxbb_addon_verysimpleantibot

it just asks the user a question to answer.

Of course you'd better solve the problem with recaptcha ;-)

bye
Ron

Board footer