Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#76 2014-07-07 19:29:35

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: 2.0-dev installation instructions

I'm saying the admin panel will not be customizable in 2.0.0. We might add it later, but I don't really see why it's important, so it does not have a very high priority for me.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#77 2014-07-07 23:12:00

joel

ok

Warning! be informed and be forewarned. <p>
<?php
I'm not a native English Man. So my comments might contain some grammatical explosive (ELD), missapropreation of words (dinamyt), The use of wrong words (missiles), & mis spelling of words (war drones). Any of the occurrence can cause havoc. So be warned
?>

#78 2014-08-11 20:05:27

bgies

Any chance we could get clear directions for installing all in one place? Maybe take everything here and consolidate in a new thread and make it sticky?

I just tried installing using the packages on packalyst.com: packalyst.com/packages/package/fluxbb/core and packagist.org/packages/fluxbb/installer.... Unfortunately, not much joy at this point.

Here's what I've done so far...

added both packages to require

"require" : {
        "laravel/framework" : "4.2.*",
        "twitter/bootstrap" : "3.2.0",
        "cartalyst/sentry" : "2.1.*",
        "mcamara/laravel-localization" : "0.14.*",
        "vespakoen/menu" : "2.0.15",
        "nesbot/Carbon" : "*",
        "rtconner/laravel-tagging" : "dev-master",
        "jenssegers/date" : "*",
        "ckeditor/ckeditor": "dev-stable",
        "fluxbb/core": "dev-master",
        "fluxbb/installer": "dev-master"

ran

composer update

Everything downloaded fine, and I then published the assets for both packages using:

php artisan asset:publish "fluxbb/core"
php artisan asset:publish "fluxbb/installer"

FYI.. I tried to use the installer without publishing the assets first, and just nothing worked.... you should add that step to the documentation... Doesn't work without the Javascript published smile.

Added the service providers in /app/config/app.php to the providers array

'FluxBB\Core\CoreServiceProvider',
        'FluxBB\Installer\Providers\RouteServiceProvider'

NOTE.. also added this one later when nothing worked:

'FluxBB\Server\ServiceProvider',

Didn't really find much in the way of instructions to use the installer, or even what it does, but eventually read through enough of the code to figure it out... Spent quite a while trying to use it, before figuring out it needed the assets published to work at all. Then had problems because I didn't fill in all the database information (thinking the watermarks would be used as a default if I just left them alone).

Long story a little shorter, the installation seems to have created everything it should have, but at the end I got an error when it tried to show me the success page. Route [admin] not defined. (View: /home/vagrant/Code/eetools/vendor/fluxbb/installer/views/success.blade.php)

Not too worried about that error, because it was on the success page, and only on generating the link to the admin view. BUT... should it have created a route? What should the route be? A named route would seem to be the best (fluxbb.admin)... just admin is used by all kinds of other things.

So.. what do I need to do now to actually get to the admin page, and start testing and creating things?

FYI... I'm willing to try to fix some of the problems or update documentation as I find flaws? What is the state of the packages? Should they mostly work now?

Thanks for any help... hope I can return the favor.

Last edited by bgies (2014-08-23 15:34:39)

#79 2014-08-21 12:40:32

Franz
Lead developer
Website

First of all, sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

You're installing this in a fresh Laravel skeleton, right? You may also take the one provided on https://github.com/fluxbb/fluxbb in the "2.0" branch. I think you're missing one more service provider. This is what your list of FluxBB-specific ones should look like:

'FluxBB\Core\CoreServiceProvider',
    'FluxBB\Server\ServiceProvider',
    'FluxBB\Web\ServiceProvider',
    'FluxBB\Installer\Providers\RouteServiceProvider',

I'll update the README once I get back from my next vacation. You're right, this should be clearly documented somewhere. (I'll also write a sticky topic.)

Of course, installing the final version will be much simpler, I think the complexity of using Composer and a bit of command line is okay for development versions.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer