Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

FluxBB 1.5.6 and 1.4.12 released

These releases fix a security issue - please update your forums! Download links: v1.5.6 | v1.4.12

#76 2013-04-09 07:07:24

Fall711

Re: SPAM blocking : SpamBarrier mod

Thanks guy's, will try this on my test website and then if it goes on my main smile

Stay tuned wink

#77 2013-04-15 06:36:44

sklerder
Website

HI.

Lately, thanks cyberman. I d'idn't remember you already tested it smile

#78 2013-05-15 01:31:58

sverrir
Website

Nice mod!

In the registration statistics part the column header fields Date and Total are hard coded for the 14 day average. Maybe adding them to the language file for future update. The collecting since part is stuck at two days one day behind but I haven't had time to check it to see what's happening. Has someone else noticed this on their end?

Update: Mabye going by the server time and not the timezone set in the forum settings?

I didn't log the attempts against my own spam filter but lately I've been getting as many as 5-8 registrations a day that went through. SB is showing ~210 a day, I'm not counting that partial first day, that get caught in the honeypot. Sweet!

I've also added up the numbers so I can see how many total hits I've got over the 14 day period.  smile
1368581465_0.png

Last edited by sverrir (2013-05-26 14:37:30)

#79 2013-05-26 12:22:06

sklerder
Website

Hello !

Sorry for the late answer ...

Yes, I missed that strings (and Koos too).

Could you share your modification for adding "Totals" ?

Thanks ...

#80 2013-05-26 14:35:17

sverrir
Website

Nothing fancy,   and strong tags should be put into the style.

327: // If there are topics in this forum.
328: if ($db->num_rows($result))
329: {
330:    $total_total = 0;
331:    $total_honeypot = 0;
332:    $total_sfs = 0;
333:    $total_dnsbl = 0;

// * * * //

342:    $day_sfs = ($stats['last_14days_sfs'][$cur_date['day']] != '') ? $stats['last_14days_sfs'][$cur_date['day']] : '0';
343:    $day_dnsbl = ($stats['last_14days_dnsbl'][$cur_date['day']] != '') ? $stats['last_14days_dnsbl'][$cur_date['day']] : '0';
344:	
345:	$total_honeypot += $day_honeypot;
346:	$total_sfs += $day_sfs;
347:	$total_dnsbl += $day_dnsbl;
348:	$total_total += $cur_date['num_blocked'];

// * * * //

351: }
352:
353:	echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<tr style="border-top: 1px solid #CCC;"><td style="padding: 0; border: 0">&nbsp;</td><td style="padding: 0; border: 0"><strong>&nbsp;&nbsp;'.$total_total.'</strong></td><td style="padding: 0; border: 0"><strong>'.$total_honeypot.'</strong></td><td style="padding: 0; border: 0"><strong>'.$total_sfs.'</strong></td><td style="padding: 0; border: 0"><strong>'.$total_dnsbl.'</strong></td></tr>'."\n";

#81 2013-05-26 20:58:39

sklerder
Website

Thanks, sverrir.

I'll include your modifications in next version (not planned for the moment ...).

#82 2013-06-14 22:38:10

Fall711

Hi,

I'm trying to manually update my site from 1.4.8 to 1.5.3 to be able to install spambarrier.

I did a new install on a test site of 1.5.3 and installed spambarrier without any trouble.

But once installation is finished, i'm not able to see the special field "if you are human".

The register form doesn't show it even if i follow every insctruction provided in readme file. hmm

I'm confused, i can't figured out what's wrong.

Any help would be apreciate smile

Last edited by Fall711 (2013-06-14 22:41:01)

#83 2013-06-15 05:08:58

cyberman
Website

Fall711 wrote:

But once installation is finished, i'm not able to see the special field "if you are human".

This is the sense of the honey pot big_smile - humans shouldn't see this field, but spam bots WILL see it.

It's a simple, but really usefull solution to identify the bots ...

#84 2013-06-15 10:05:10

Fall711

Ok! tongue

I asked me this question because just right after installing it on my test site (the very first time) i was able to see it (but just one time, it disappeared just after i tried to make a new register).

How can i see if spambarrier is fully fonctionnal?

Thanks lot for the answer big_smile

Last edited by Fall711 (2013-06-15 17:03:46)

#85 2013-06-15 17:59:04

sklerder
Website

Hi !

To find this hiddeen field, you can use the "View source" feature of your browser smile

When I tested my plugin, I was using a shell-script that tried to register ...

But for security reasons, I don't want to publish it hmm

Another way is to look regularly at the "test_registrations" table ...
You should see values and contents evolve rather quickly smile

#86 2013-06-16 11:48:25

Fall711

Thanks!

I updated my site from 1.4.8 to 1.5.3 (with a copy of my main site) and managed to put everything (categories, posts, users, etc) into 1.5.3's database.

Then i put everything in my main hosting changing config.php pointing to the right servers.

Spambarrier is working great. It has blocked already 3 spam attacks in 1 hour tongue (with honeypot).

I got a fatal error when using the "search per user" function (from spambarrier) on line 103. Have to look into this.

Another thing is that i use language pack from 1.4.8 and some options looks like absent in 1.5.3.

I've boxes to tick but no descriptions of what it did, this appeared 2 or 3 times.

At least i can't get the sigs to work...

Thanks a lot for this plugin smile

EDIT : Sigs are now working, had to clear the cache folder and had to reapplied permissions for the sigs in database.

EDIT 2 : I did the modification from quy on page 3 of this thread and "search per user" function is now ready wink.

EDIT 3 : Concerning language pack problems i found a pack from 1.5.2 and everthing is ok.

So far, so good now!

I'll do some of a feedback in few days about spambarrier!

Thanks for this plugin wink

Last edited by Fall711 (2013-06-16 12:32:22)

#87 2013-06-16 21:04:17

sklerder
Website

Hi !

Concerning the language pack, I have in mind that it's the same for 15.2 and 1.5.3 ...

The modification proposed by quy (post #65) can be (rather / very) important for those having users registered before installing SpamBarrier.

Thanks should also go to all those that directly or indirectly contributed to the mod, for creating this mod (Reines, Koos, Blissend, adaur, and probably others ...) but also for contributing to debug it (quy,  nferrari, ...).

#88 2013-06-17 22:37:44

Fall711

Hi!

I apologize for those i've forget to mention. Thanks to all of you who did that hard work, spending time on it! smile

It works like a charm and spambarrier blocked 90 attemps of bot registering with honeypot smile

WoW

See ya wink

#89 2013-06-19 20:21:31

sklerder
Website

Hi !

Today, I got the first blocked attempt (over more that 2600 attempts) by SFS (all the others were blocked by HoneyPot).

Yes, this method is, actually, a very good method smile

And it leaves much place for different/other implementations ...

#90 2013-06-25 11:25:09

Fall711

Hi,

Since 9 days now :

tbn2v2fyfh1cbv62fzbqrry-spambarrier.png

I got de first SFS blocked attempt. So i decided to register on StopForumSpam and get my first API key... smile

This is a good way to contribute to spam prevention wink

As you can see all attempts are mostly blocked by honeypot.

For now you just have to release an up to date version including quy's mod (which makes "per user search" function working in 1.5.3) ! smile

Many thanks

PS : I added a tag into footer of my website (search "tlb wot" in google)

Vraiment un grand merci, car je crois savoir que tu es français, c'est plutôt atypique de parler anglais avec un français par forum interposé big_smile

#91 2013-06-29 14:24:20

sklerder
Website

Hi,

Sorry for the late ...

For the moment, I prefer waiting next version of FluxBB to release a new version of SpamBarrier.
Maybe there won't be an impact on SpamBarrier, but by waiting, I'm sure I won't have to do twice the work wink

When FluxBB 1.5.4 will be published, I'll integrate quy's modification, and try to integrate nferrari's modification, related to PostgreSQL, but won't be able to verify with PostgreSQL.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to indicate what you use to protect your site, neither for you, nor for SpamBarrier and SpamBarrier's users hmm
I know, this is an old discussion about "security by obscurity" ...

[HS]
Oui, je suis effectivement français smile
Tu aurais aussi pu poser tes questions sur le forum FluxBB français, il y a une discussion sur le même sujet là-bas wink
C'est vrai que ça fait drôle de parler une autre langue avec un compatriote ...
[/HS]

#92 2013-07-08 02:53:58

mitsuhashi

Senoforum wrote:

Hi,
I'am trying to install this mod and I am not sure about the step 31 :

#---------[ 30. OPEN ]----------------------------------------------
#

login.php

#
#---------[ 31. FIND ]----------------------------------------------
#

// Remove this user

#
#---------[ 32. BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------------------------
#

//
// SpamBarrier BEGIN
//
	// Include the antispam library
  	require PUN_ROOT.'include/spambarrier.php';

$membersIP= get_remote_address();

sb_check_spam_login($membersIP,$form_username,$cur_user['email']);

//
// SpamBarrier END
//

But I can't find this ! (I have FluxBB 1.5.3)
All that I have similar is :

// Remove this user's guest entry from the online list

Is this that one ?
The thing is that it doesn't work with this so I don't think so. Please, let me know where I should add the code !

I'm using Fluxbb 1.5.3.
I pasted the SpamBarrier code just before

// Remove this user's guest entry from the online list

And my login page broke... What do I do?

Also, is it normal for the Username field to appear twice in the Registration page?

#93 2013-07-28 14:35:13

Fall711

Sorry for the late answer!

Can you paste the code in pastebin?

It's normal that it appears on time or two but after you successfully logged in your website it should not appear anymore (from your main computer).

That's what happen to me too.

To skelder :

There is a lot of spammers trying to register, the test registration table is being bigger and bigger. Since few days now users are telling me that login is slowly than usual (i experienced it too). I doubt it's because this table is huge and it takes time for the server to read it when needed!

Is that correct?

In order to make it the good way, i'll wait until you answered before doing something wrong to my database smile

#94 2013-07-29 20:46:23

sklerder
Website

Hi.

Sorry for the late answer sad

@mitsuhashi : If you haven't solved your problem, and if your login page is broken, then, either you have incompatible mods installed, or you did not install all the steps required in the readme.txt file.
By posting your login.php code on pastebin (as suggested by Fall711), we could help you more efficiently smile

@Fall711 : The "test_registration" table is just updated on registering, and never on login (unless modification on your side ...).
The only way to query this table is to use the Admin Plugin (AP_SpamBarrier.php).

So if the problem occurs at login, it's not related to that table.

StopForumSpam, from times to times, happens to be long on answering.
And it has encountered some problems the last days (personnaly, on the 20th of July, I met the problem) ...
Wouldn't it be that your problem ?
If the problem happens only at login phase, you can disable SFS with AP_SpamBarrier.

The same problem can occur with DNSBL checks, but rarely (I never met the case).

In French for you (:)) :
La table "test_registration" est juste mise à jour sur une inscription, et jamais à la connexion (sauf modification de ton côté...).
Et cette table n'est interrogée qu'avec le plugin AP_SpamBarrier.php.

Si le problème apparaît au login, c'est n'est donc pas relatif à cette table.

StopForumSpam, de temps en temps, peut être long à répondre.
Et il a eu des problèmes les jours derniers (personnellement, le 20 juillet, j'ai rencontré des problèmes) ...
Ton problème ne serait-il pas plutôt là ?

Si le problème apparaît à la connexion, tu peux désactiver SFS avec AP_SpamBarrier.

Le même type de problème peut se produire avec les contrôles DNSBL, mais rarement (je n'ai jamais eu le problème).

#95 2013-07-30 23:20:50

Fall711

Thanks / merci wink

EDIT : I try disabling them one by one. And the only way to have a fast respond login (as before) is to disable DNSBL and SFS.

So i turned them back on. Because a longer login isn't a problem yet. I'll try to purge my cache wink

Last edited by Fall711 (2013-07-31 00:01:24)

#96 2013-07-31 06:55:14

sklerder
Website

Hello !

Could it be you have a DNS resolving problem ?
I noticed such problems from time to time with SFS.

How much time do you have to wait for the login phase ?
Is it longer when when you activate SFS and DNSBL than when you activate only one of them ?

In french now :

Se pourrait-il que ce soit un problème de résolution DNS ?
J'ai remarqué quelques problèmes de temps à autre avec SFS.

Combien de temps dois-tu attendre en phase de login ?
Est-ce plus long quand tu actives SFS et DNSBL que lorsque tu n'en actives qu'un seul ?

Last edited by sklerder (2013-07-31 06:55:51)

#97 2013-08-25 18:02:28

sklerder
Website

Hi !

Just an update to tell you that SpamBarrier is installable and usable with FluxBB 1.5.4 without any modification (just the warning if you use Daris's Patcher).

I've began works on the next release :
- Including bugs reported in this topic
- Adding a whitelist of <user:IP> (it's sometimes usefull to bypass proxies blacklisted - rdns.blackberry.net for example).

For PostgreSQL :
Could someone test if something like "GROUP BY  DATE(pg_catalog.to_timestamp(date)::timestamp)" would work without defining a function (see post #16 from nferrari) ?

Last edited by sklerder (2013-08-25 18:03:04)

#98 2013-09-07 15:34:32

alexanderf

Just say thank you it works on 1.5.4 wink
thank you .;)

Only i get now:

You are identified as undesirable. RC : 1

Last edited by alexanderf (2013-09-07 19:45:03)

#99 2013-10-03 21:18:01

sklerder
Website

Hi.

Sorry I'm late to answer.

This message is displayed when you IP is present in one of the databases used (SFS, DNSBL).

To understand what it the reason of the message, you should search the correspondig row in the "test_registrations" table.

Board footer