Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-08 14:25:28

mmrmike

FluxBB developer needed for updates and small tweaks

I have a custom forum for marketing research purposes (think online focus groups to discuss new products and service ideas).

It was was built on FluxBB by a developer who eventually left to go back to school and is no longer available.
He did a good job and the system has been running for 3+ years with no issues (or updates) 

He was able to use FluxBB to do some custom things because of it's flexibility but now i need maintenance and some small feature development.

I'm interested in finding someone who i can hire to do small FlexBB projects in their spare time.

I have a real budget and am flexible on timing.

The landing page for the site is ThoughtNav dot com
It isn't a login to the site - just a landing/marketing page but you can get an idea of what the custom tweaks included.

Anyone interested please contact me for more details.
Cheers
Mike

Last edited by mmrmike (2013-04-08 19:30:32)

#2 2013-04-08 19:12:13

Trace
Website

Re: FluxBB developer needed for updates and small tweaks

You are flexible on timing, but the software which you use is FluxBB, not FlexBB. Is it a joke? How couldn't you see that? It's impossible. big_smile

Last edited by Trace (2013-04-08 19:13:02)

My FluxBB 1.5.3 styles:
DarkAce | Sadness

#3 2013-04-08 19:29:35

mmrmike

My mistake.
Apologies all around.
Fixed now!
I owe you a drink.....

Last edited by mmrmike (2013-04-28 16:56:32)

#4 2013-04-08 20:33:13

JohnLewis
Developer

Moved to Programming.

John F. Lewis
FluxBB Developer

#5 2013-04-28 16:58:03

mmrmike

Still hoping to find someone who is interested in doing some minor updates to my site.

Anyone? I have budget!

#6 2013-04-28 17:05:39

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Hey,

I think your chances of finding someone may increase a bit if you tell us what exactly you need help with. smile

Good Luck!

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#7 2013-04-28 17:46:23

mmrmike

OK - here are some examples of things i'm looking to have done:

- create an interface that lets me bulk edit questions that will be posted. Currently i have to go into each "topic" and write/edit the question that will be posted. I'd like to do this in a format that let's me view the items before and after so i can keep the list of questions straight. Also be able to change the future post times in bulk instead of editing the post time for each individual topic/question one at a time.

- ability to show a list of who is currently logged into the system (right now i can see how many but not which ones)

- install plug-in to perform simple voting or poll questions. For example select and capture multiple choice item such as "which one of these logos do you like the best? A B C or D? etc.

- ability to capture the history of messages that have been sent out to a person or group. right now my system lets' me select which group members will get a message but i don't have any history/archive or "sent" file that i can see to remind me who was sent a message in the past.

- Ability to format messages that will be sent out via email (bold, italics etc)

- Ability to select an image/avatar from a library of images. The option to have these avatars automatically tied to present screen names - we have a long list of cartoon characters we assign as screen names to keep users anonymous for each study (users are typically involved for less than a week for each study). Some users are able to find an avatar and upload on their own  but would be nice to load the avatar automatically.

-  Save view preference (by groups or by time) and persist this to the next page or topic. Right now i can sort a page view by group or by date but as soon as i move to the next topic it reverts to the default (date). Also need this for exporting the transcripts of the entire forum discussion so i can read comments by group and then date etc.

- ability to change the navigation text from English to Spanish depending on the study. (Navigation text includes the submit button, next and back buttons, delete, edit, reply buttons etc. )

- future enhancements might even include finding a way to link to a real time chat window for live chats that can use the same login ID and password. We often have clients who want to end a multi day forum discussion with a final Q&A chat done in real time (but still in text so they have the transcript - they don't usually want a voice session)

Hope these examples help explain more of what i'm looking for help with.
The way i've used the forum for my research tool is slightly different than a traditional forum.
The landing page would help explain more.
thoughtnav dot com

Look forward to hearing from someone even if you think you can only help with some of these
Mike

Mike Courtney
mike@aperioinsights.com
M:469-363-0109

Last edited by mmrmike (2013-04-28 18:23:54)

#8 2013-05-06 20:02:08

mmrmike

Did my details make sense?
IF anyone is at all interested PLEASE reach out and let's chat.
Thank you!
Mike

Board footer