Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-07 21:23:33

dubsharry

Remove items from menu bar only for admins

Hello everybody,

I am new with FluxBB and after several hours of search, i didn't find how to modify the menu
In the menu, i would like to keep the  "search" and "user list" items only for admin
To do this i tried to add tests with $pun_user['is_admmod'] in header.php

$links[] = '<li id="navindex"'.((PUN_ACTIVE_PAGE == 'index') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="index.php">'.$lang_common['Index'].'</a></li>';

if ($pun_user['is_admmod'] )
	$links[] = '<li id="navuserlist"'.((PUN_ACTIVE_PAGE == 'userlist') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="userlist.php">'.$lang_common['User list'].'</a></li>';

if ($pun_config['o_rules'] == '1' && (!$pun_user['is_guest'] || $pun_user['g_read_board'] == '1' || $pun_config['o_regs_allow'] == '1'))
	$links[] = '<li id="navrules"'.((PUN_ACTIVE_PAGE == 'rules') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="misc.php?action=rules">'.$lang_common['Rules'].'</a></li>';

if ($pun_user['is_admmod'] )
	$links[] = '<li id="navsearch"'.((PUN_ACTIVE_PAGE == 'search') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="search.php">'.$lang_common['Search'].'</a></li>';

if ($pun_user['is_guest'])
{
	$links[] = '<li id="navregister"'.((PUN_ACTIVE_PAGE == 'register') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="register.php">'.$lang_common['Register'].'</a></li>';
	$links[] = '<li id="navlogin"'.((PUN_ACTIVE_PAGE == 'login') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="login.php">'.$lang_common['Login'].'</a></li>';
}
else
{
	$links[] = '<li id="navprofile"'.((PUN_ACTIVE_PAGE == 'profile') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user['id'].'">'.$lang_common['Profile'].'</a></li>';

if ($pun_user['is_admmod'])
		$links[] = '<li id="navadmin"'.((PUN_ACTIVE_PAGE == 'admin') ? ' class="isactive"' : '').'><a href="admin_index.php">'.$lang_common['Admin'].'</a></li>';

$links[] = '<li id="navlogout"><a href="login.php?action=out&amp;id='.$pun_user['id'].'&amp;csrf_token='.pun_hash($pun_user['id'].pun_hash(get_remote_address())).'">'.$lang_common['Logout'].'</a></li>';
}

but i can't see any change in this menu...
Is there any cache file to delete or action to be done in order to see the changes ?

Thank you very much

#2 2013-04-08 21:06:29

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Remove items from menu bar only for admins

Welcome to the forums! smile

That code looks fine to me, and it seems to work on my machine. When you say you can't see any changes in the menu - any chance you're still logged in?

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer