Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-23 18:12:54

Siiimple

Simple way to allow for attached files

Hi

I'm interested in allowing for the ability for users to attach files (png, zip, .php).  Is this a difficult modification?  Does anyone have any advice how to allow for this? 

Also, and this may be a shot in the dark, but I'm looking to integrate registration verification option such that is used for ThemeForest themes.  If a user wants to register they must verify their purchase by entering their purchase verification ID.  I didn't know if this was a plugin that had been developed.

Thanks!
Justin

#2 2013-02-23 18:39:29

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Re: Simple way to allow for attached files

Welcome to our forums! smile

Please try searching next time, there are modifications for attachment around. For example this one: https://fluxbb.org/resources/mods/attachment-mod/

Not sure about the second question: can you explain what that verficiation process would look like in a forum?

(And moved to General Support.)

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#3 2013-02-24 00:12:30

Siiimple

verify

When a user purchases a theme at ThemeForest they are given an item purchase code, and some hosting forums allow force a user to submit this code in order to register on the forum - so as to prevent those who haven't purchased the theme or have obtained it illegally not to get free support.

Thanks for the attachment_mod.  It seems pretty long-winded to get it working, but I will give it a try.  Or I'm doing it wrong, which is very possible.

thanks!
Justin

#4 2013-02-27 23:34:51

Franz
Lead developer
Website

So, to generalize that a bit, this would basically be an invite code for forum registration? (Whether it's sent out along with a purchase or not, doesn't really matter.)

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

Board footer