Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

FluxBB 1.5.6 and 1.4.12 released

These releases fix a security issue - please update your forums! Download links: v1.5.6 | v1.4.12

#1 2013-01-23 01:40:34

w0ts0n

Username/password incorrect after server move?

Hey guys! I've been using PunBB for almost 6 years now on:
www.boredskater.com (on old server non-upgraded)

I moved the software to my new server and then upgraded to the latest version of FluxBB.
Everything moved over great, everything seems to be there (great job guys) but I have one slight issue.
Now when I try to login, I get:
"Wrong username and/or password. Forgotten your password?"

Are there some permissions I need to set that I haven't? The permissions should have copied from the original server apparently. Thoughts?

#2 2013-01-23 01:41:37

w0ts0n

Re: Username/password incorrect after server move?

p.s. if you want to see the new server, set your host files to 50.7.14.154    boredskater.com

#3 2013-01-23 22:50:58

w0ts0n

Anyone have any suggestions?

#4 2013-01-24 10:48:50

seven
Website

If the password have been migrated the right way, try deleting the cache/ files.

Look at the code in login.php, learn what it does, and see if the passwords stored in your database are the same you'd expect.

Excerpt from login.php:

$form_password_hash = pun_hash($form_password); // Will result in a SHA-1 hash

// If there is a salt in the database we have upgraded from 1.3-legacy though haven't yet logged in
		if (!empty($cur_user['salt']))
		{
			if (sha1($cur_user['salt'].sha1($form_password)) == $cur_user['password']) // 1.3 used sha1(salt.sha1(pass))
			{
				$authorized = true;

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'users SET password=\''.$form_password_hash.'\', salt=NULL WHERE id='.$cur_user['id']) or error('Unable to update user password', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
			}
		}
		// If the length isn't 40 then the password isn't using sha1, so it must be md5 from 1.2
		else if (strlen($cur_user['password']) != 40)
		{
			if (md5($form_password) == $cur_user['password'])
			{
				$authorized = true;

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'users SET password=\''.$form_password_hash.'\' WHERE id='.$cur_user['id']) or error('Unable to update user password', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
			}
		}
		// Otherwise we should have a normal sha1 password
		else
			$authorized = ($cur_user['password'] == $form_password_hash);

gamezoo.org - serious gaming services for serious gamers.

#5 2013-01-24 12:32:46

Franz
Lead developer
Website

Which version of PunBB did your old server run?

The worst thing that can happen is that all users have to regenerate their passwords, by clicking on "Forgot password". You can notify them via email or the board announcement in this case.

fluxbb.de | develoPHP

"As code is more often read than written it's really important to write clean code."

#6 2013-01-28 10:42:19

w0ts0n

Just adding a touch of closure.

Turns out I had a half baked version of my database. After downloading and uploading the full DB all seems to be working. Including old passwords.

Board footer