Forums

Unfortunately no one can be told what FluxBB is - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-01 12:45:18

Studio384
Developer
Website

Round up #1 - Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year

Hello everyone!

Before I begin, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone of you. 2012 was an amazing year for FluxBB, with 6 new versions and a lot of downloads, new and updated plug-ins and styles. But 2013 is going to be even better with the next alpha (download alpha 1 as zip) versions of FluxBB 2, and, of course, the 5th anniversary of FluxBB! Anyway, this post is the first of a series we will do every 1st or 2nd of the month. I will put some awesome plugins, styles and website in the spotlight (one of each). Want yours here, too? Read this topic.

Plugin: Honeypot StopForumSpam Mod
It's not a very popular plugin with 96 downloads right now, but it's pretty useful. In FluxBB 1.5, we added improvements against human spam, this plugin takes on the other, more important part, of spam: bots. It gives you everything that's needed to prevent spam: simple options and some statistics to see what the plugin did for you.

Download from FluxBB.org

Style: niebieskamapa
In December 2012, we launched the style repository on FluxBB.org. Now, you can find some awesome styles there. One of those is niebieskamapa. This style uses some of the features of CSS3, like border-radius. When I tested this style, it looks like there is a huge need for improvements to the margin and padding. Except for that, it's a nice style. When you will edit it by yourself, you will see that the CSS file is a little mess, so, that's not very handy. For the stuff we have tested, it works with the modern browsers, but the CSS has some unneeded rules and doesn't follow the standard. The style contains 3 errors and 90 warnings.

Download from FluxBB.org

Site: Ionize CMS Forums
No, seriously, this website deserves a lot of attention like: "Ho my, beautiful!". The Ionize forums are created but FluxBB (duh) and look at the integration with the site! The forum itself looks nice, too. Using border-radius and nice effects. Anyway, this site might give others some good ideas.

Visit this website

Last edited by Studio384 (2013-03-27 14:21:08)

FluxBB Community Benelux - ModernBB 3.4
Profile Plus: A new FluxBB profile interface

#2 2013-01-01 13:12:21

zaher
Website

Re: Round up #1 - Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year

Happy new year for all people around the world

#3 2013-01-02 16:43:36

Thank you for the chaos in the code I answer myself, I know it's love.
This year will be a tough, but fruitful.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img633/7813/XjQh8f.png[/img]
https://github.com/123s   My profile in github
Ach, lekceważyłaś wolę króla
a w nocy naszego spotkania, śmiałaś się do łez

#4 2013-01-10 14:43:01

iatkrox

Happy new year guys... after long long time:) happy to join here and support others again smile

While most are dreaming of success, winners wake-up and work hard to achieve it.

#5 2013-02-14 22:29:10

Studio384 wrote:

When I tested this style, it looks like there is a huge need for improvements to the margin and padding. Except for that, it's a nice style. When you will edit it by yourself, you will see that the CSS file is a little mess, so, that's not very handy. For the stuff we have tested, it works with the modern browsers, but the CSS has some unneeded rules and doesn't follow the standard. The style contains 3 errors and 90 warnings

This is the date style is fully compatible with css3. The code is structured.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img633/7813/XjQh8f.png[/img]
https://github.com/123s   My profile in github
Ach, lekceważyłaś wolę króla
a w nocy naszego spotkania, śmiałaś się do łez

Board footer